Chapter 4

Michael's POV

"Come on! YES" I shout after I win the winning goal of FIFA. I can hear Danni making the dinner in the kitchen and the smell of pasta boiling is making my stomach grumble.

"It'll be 10 minutes" she shouts from the kitchen. I set up another game of FIFA then I see a dark shadow next to the door.

"What the fuck?" I say to myself and walk over to the window. I peer out of the window and see a man standing at the end of the path staring at the house.

"What's the matter?" Danni asks looking at me concerned from the doorway.

"Oh.. um nothing, I'm just going outside for a moment, stay here" I say and kiss her on the cheek.

I grab my coat and turn the flashlight on, on my phone.

"Oi!" I shout at the man. I speed up and walk over to him. He's wearing a long black trench coat with big black boots and his hood up. "Who the fuck are you and why are you here?" I ask and he turns to me.

"I know who you are, you're Michael Clifford. You are the man that broke my daughters heart, you're marrying that bitch in there instead of my daughter" he says in a deep voice. I can feel anger building up inside of me at him calling Danni 'that bitch'.

"I don't know who you are, I don't know who your daughter is but you can't fucking go around staring into people's houses! So you better get out I here before I call the cops" I spit and he turns around.

"This isn't the last you'll see of me" he turns around and says.

"Yes it is, fuck off you bastard" I shout and run back to the house.

I close the door behind me and take my shoes off. I walk into the kitchen, Danni has laid dinner on the table, pasta piled with tomato sauce and meat.

"Looks yummy" I say and sit down and Danni sits opposite me.

"Michael?" she asks and takes a bit of the pasta.

"Yeah?" I say sucking up the long spaghetti.

"Who was that you were talking to outside?" She asks and my heart drops. I don't want to worry her, but I need to tell her the truth.

"Oh.. um" I stutter.

"Michael tell me, don't not say to protect me" she says as if she is reading my thoughts.

"There was just a weird man standing out there staring into the house. He seemed to know who I was and wasn't happy with me because I didn't marry his daughter when I don't know who she is" I say rapidly.

"That's weird" she laughs.

What did he mean by 'this isn't the last you'll see of me'? That question has been running through my mind ever since.