Chapter 14

Abi's POV

"I NEED TO BE WITH HIM" I shout at the paramedic pulling me away from my boyfriend. "You don't understand. HES MY BOYFRIEND YOU DICK LET ME BE WITH HIM" I shout. I know I probably shouldn't be doing this but I need Ash, I need him more than words can say. I give up kicking and screaming and burst into tears in the paramedics hold.

I hear the ECG beeps slow down and my heart stops, then the machine stops. I start to panic as the paramedics all crowd around him on the floor and start pounding on his chest. "Please" I whisper through biting my nails. Luke wraps his arm over my shoulder an pulls me in, I wrap my arms around Luke and Amba and we both burst out crying into Luke's shirt. Luke's head bows until his forehead is pressed against the top of his heads and I feel his tears on my hair. I hug them both tighter and pray for Ashton.

I hear the boys gently sobbing in the background, through the loud beeeeeep of the ECG. I hear Calum sniff and Ruby snuggle more into his chest. I turn around and hug them both an Calum bursts out crying.

"This isn't fair. That should be me" Michael shouts through his tears. His nose and cheeks soaked in tears. He wipes his nose and walks over to Ashton only to be pushed away by the paramedics fighting for the boy I love with all my heart's life. "Ashton shouldn't have done that! That should be me not him" he shouts again but it's pointless, it can't bring Ashton back.

"Michael, don't blame yourself" Danni cries trying to pull Michael off the paramedics. She wraps her arms around his stomach and he tightly wraps his around her waist and cries into her hair.

One paramedic stands up from his previous position with Ashton. He walks over to us and gathers us together.

"We are fighting for Ashton's life, but it is hard, he was shot in the heart, I would suggest that you would prepare yourselves for the worst, this is a hard battle Ashton is fighting here, I'm so sorry" he says and I turn into Luke again and sob until his shirt is soaked. I've never cried so much in my life, not even when I lost my dog last year.

I hear a sigh coming from the paramedics and they look up at us standing there with so much hope in our eyes. My heart drops when he takes his hands off Ashton's chest and kneels up more straight.

"Time of death" he begins and I breakdown "8:22pm" I fall to my knees and cry into my hands.