Chapter 12

Michael's POV

From the terror that has taken over our lives in the past week, we haven't had the courage, or time to go shopping for groceries. We decide one person needs to stay here incase the landlord decides to come around, being the horrid landlord he is, he doesn't like waiting around. We pull straws to see who has to stay here, and I lose. They walk out, giving me a sad look, my stomach dropping thinking of what could happen, and lock me in. I flop myself on the sofa and begin to watch Ninja Turtles, singing along to the theme tune. I close my eyes and fall asleep to the sweet sound of Ninja Turtles.

A loud vibration wakes me and startles me. I walk into the kitchen to make myself some lunch and read the text I just received from Ash.

*Ash: Will be half an hour, the girls are just paying for something and going to head back. You alright?* the message says and I smile.

*me: Yep, everything's fine, take as long as you need* I reply and place my phone on the kitchen table.

I boil some spaghetti in hot water and turn on some music to lighten up the mood. I hear a loud thud from outside so I walk over to the door, I unlock it and look outside. Nothing there. I close the door too and watch my spaghetti.

I serve my spaghetti up and sit down to eat. I twist my fork in the long spaghetti when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I put my fork down and walk over to see. There he was, walking down the stairs with his big walking boots covered in mud. My heart stops as he spots me and walks towards me.

I stay still, I can't move. My hands trembling, my eyes focused on the man inching closer to me. My blood boiling and shooting to my face.

"What do you want with me?" I ask, my voice shaking. My hands trembling. The lump in my throat growing. I look at my phone laid on the table next to the man, I can't move to grab it.

"I want you to feel the pain you caused my daughter" his low voice spits. My eyes widen as he pulls out the gun. I walk back until my back is presses against the wall.

He walks closer to me, the gun metres away from me and he stops in his tracks. The music muting out the outside world. My phone starts ringing and my eyes dart to my phone, so does his.

"Ashton?" he picks it up reading the name appearing on the screen "Lover boy can't help you now" he spits and throws my phone on the floor stomping on it. I watch as it smashes to pieces under his large boot. "No one can" he laughs and walks closer to me, holding the gun a metre away from me.

"Please" I beg and he laughs, rolling his head back in hysterics.

"MICHAEL NO" Ashton shouts running through the door. I shut my eyes tight and cover my face with my hands. I hear the gun click and instantly know he's going to kill me.