Chapter 16

Michael's POV

Everyone goes to the hospital to stay with Ashton, apart from me, I say I will come a bit later, but I don't think anyone cares if I go or not. They leave without saying anything to me, not even Danni. I feel like an outcast, like I've lost my friends.

I pace the house thinking what I could do. How could I get them to forgive me. How could I forgive myself. I kick the gun - that for some reason the police didn't take it - then I realise what I could do. End this right now.

I pick up the gun and hold it flat in my hand, deciding whether I should do this or not. I check to see if the gun has anymore bullets and it has two. One for me, one incase it goes wrong.

I turn on some Greenday, so this can happen to one of my favourite bands. I pull down the hammer and start to pace again, raking my hands through my messy hair then rubbing my face. I let out a loud groan. My best friend just fucking died because of me. I owe this to him.

I hold the gun in front of my face and face it towards me and hook my finger around the trigger.

Danni's POV

"Shit I forgot my phone, I'll just go back to the house to get it" I say to the rest of them, who nods silently and don't say anything when I get up and leave. I feel for the boys, they've been best friends with Ashton for god knows how long and now this tragic event has happened and they've lost him. I don't totally blame Michael for Ashton's death, but I can tell everyone else does, his brothers blaming him, mustn't have been taken well by Michael, I can tell he knows. I climb in the car and head to the house.

When I pull up I can hear Greenday blasting from inside. He's probably drowning his sorrows with the help of Greenday. I don't blame him, I used to listen to 5SOS when I was upset and they always helped me feel better.

I jam the keys in the door and push it open to see Michaels back to me. I slowly walk up to him and notice he's holding something.

"Michael" I whisper, but he can't hear me over the music. I walk a bit closer and my hearts in my mouth, my skin covered in goosebumps. He's going to kill himself. I can see his face shining with sweat, his eyes squeezed closed and his finger on the trigger. I have to do something.

I take hold of the gun and attempt to take it off him, but accidentally pull the trigger.

Michael's POV

I open my eyes to see Danni attempting to get the gun from me. No I want to do this! She's not going to stop me. She holds onto the front of the gun and pulls it, her finger hooking over mine of the trigger. She turns it around so it's not facing me anymore. The concentration in her face evident.

The sound of the gun echoing around the room and Danni's face falls flat. Oh shit. I look down and see the same hole that was in Ashton in my wife.

"Danni!" I shout and catch her before she falls to the floor. "Danni, please stay with me" I cry as we fall to the floor. I kiss her on top of her head and see a tear trickle down her cheek. Her lips parted, her eyes turned from blue to grey - just like Ashton earlier. "Please don't leave me" I cry and place my head against her chest and I hear her heart stop. "No" I shout and shake her shoulders in attempt the bring her back. It's useless, she's gone.

I hug her tight and place one last kiss on her lips and close her eyes with my fingers, fold her arms gently over her chest, just so it looks like she's sleeping. I take the gun that has fallen on the floor not far from us and hold it to my head. I close my eyes tight. "I love you Danni" I whisper. I take her cold hand in mine and pull the trigger.

*@5SOS: Hi, we've been 5 Seconds Of Summer*