what a life

I BEEN THROUGH SOME SHIT MAN
BUT I BE ON MY SHIT MAN

I DECIDED THAT WHAT YOU GIVE - IS WHAT YOU GIVE IN
SO I BEEN TRYNA DO IT RIGHT

I'VE BEEN DOING LIKE - WHATEVER GETS ME THROUGH THE NIGHT
WHAT A LIFE
IM STEADY ALWAYS ON THE GO
YOU STEADY ALWAYS ON THE GO

WE STEADY LOSING ALL CONTROL
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE

i listened to Jhene aiko as i cleaned up my room before my mama got home other wise she would start fussing and shit and i didnt feel like hearing it.

My brother eric walked in my room and told me he was about to head out to take care of buisness. My brother was a big time drug lord even though he was

only 21. He took up the empire after my father died, my father was known by everyone and i was his little princess.

After my father died it seems as if everything changed my mother went from loving us to hating us and she got strung out on crack

She became very abusive towards me and she would steal from my brother.

after my brother left out my room i turned back up my music.

THEY SAY THE TRUTH AINT PRETTY
BUT COMING FROM THAT PRETTY MOUTH
THE TRUTH IS FADING
CUZ YOU AINT NEVER TALKING LOUD
AND YOU KNOW PLENTY
YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING BOUT
CUZ U JUST GET ME
AND YOU SO PRETTY

IF EVERYTHING IS DIPPED IN GOLD
THEN BABY IT WILL NEVER GROW
EVERYTHING SWEET AIN'T SUGAR COATED
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE

WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE THAT I'VE BEEN GIVEN
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE THAT I'VE BEEN LIVING
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFE WE DIE TO LIVE IN
WHAT A LIFE
WHAT A LIFEz

as i was finishing up my room i felt somebody staring at me and sure enough it was my mother she had that look in her eyes and i already knew she was about to start.

i wonder how long she had been home because she was already high. She knocked my glass figurine my daddy bought me off my dresser and gone say 'oops you missed a spot' i just looked at her.

Dont just watch me clean that shit up and she slapped me i looked at her with tears in my eyes because this isnt the woman i used to know.

she walked out my room nd i cleaned up the mess i was really sad because she knew i loved the figurine my dad bought for me he meant the world to me but she didnt care.

i finished cleaning up and i texted kiki and asked her could she come get me.

im 17 and kiki's 21, we used to go to the same highschool but she dropped out when she was a senior i was a sophmore when we became friends.

Ever since then she been making bank i always wondered what she did because she was making it in the world withought an education , but i never asked her.

Kiki Texted me and let me knew she was outside as i walked down stairs i saw my mama on her knees giving head to one man while there was another hitting her from behind.

I gave them all a disgusted look and walked out the door with tears in my eyes im so tired of crying its ridiculous.

Kiki was outside waiting in her white on white Aston martin it was so beautiful i needed to know what this girl did for a living.

As soon as my ass touched the seat i broke down crying and started telling kiki about all my problems and i just cried as if i was about to drown in my own tears.

She consoled me for about 5 minutes and we drove off to her house.

All this time we had been friends ive never been to her house after about 20 minutes we pulled up to this big Mediterranean style home with a 4 car garage i looked over at her in amazment.

We walked in the house and i was even more in shock black and white everything.

i was taken out of my trance when kiki asked was i hungry because she was about to cook. i was starvin we aint have no damn groceries so yes i was hungry.

Dinner was finshed and we sat at the table and talked i finnaly had enough corage to ask kiki what she did for a living she told me she stripped at this club named Follies and made major dollars and if i ever think about wantin to work there let her know cause she fucking the owner.

i busted out laughing. it aint like i couldnt dance or aint have the body i was built like a grown ass woman. I said i would think about it i mean thats easy income. Kiki asked if i wanted to stay the night she had brand new clothes for me to put on we where the same sixe and fit in all the right places. i remembered i had school tomorrow but she said it was cool she would take me, so i texted eric and told him everything that went down and i would be staying with kiki for the night.

He was furious that i didnt call him before and tell him what had went down but he was just being my brother, and I understand that but he has an attitude out of this world and I already knew how he would react, my brother really looked after me and loved him for that.