one • recruits

Name: Eden AinsleyAge: 18Ethnicity: African American/Caucasian Eye Color: Dark BrownHair Color: Dark BrownHeight: 5'4"Weight: 115 lbsRecruited from: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Name: Eden Ainsley
Age: 18
Ethnicity: African American/Caucasian
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs
Recruited from: Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Eden's P.O.V

"It's August, which means it's our last month together before we all go off to college. You have to come!"  My best friend Rowan said trying her very best to persuade me into going somewhere. Nothing new.

"I know, but I really should be looking for work for the rest of this month. The extra cash will be the only thing saving me from eating ramen and tap water everyday this upcoming semester." I chuckled.

"Oh come on, that's a complete delicacy!.. Wait! Why don't you bring your art supplies?
The outdoors and everything could give you some serious inspiration.. then you can sell your paintings and voilà! You'll have enough cash to upgrade from ramen to TV dinners." She laughed nudging me in the arm.

Somehow I ended up agreeing to going. Man, Rowan should really look into one of those jobs at the mall where employees stand outside of stores, handing out free samples, then luring people inside, and having them purchase a handful of unscented lotions that they will never use.

-

Before I knew it, the Friday that we were set to leave rolled around.

We were going on this trip for 2 weeks so I packed one full suitcase, plus my backpack full of my art supplies.

I lugged my heavy red suitcase down the stairs and placed it by the front door. I only live with my mom and older brother.

My dad lives in another state and has another family so I rarely see him.

"Mom my friends are out front, I'm leaving now." I said walking over to her in the kitchen.

"My sweet girl. You're so grown up. In 3 weeks you'll be off to college pursuing your dreams. Where has the time gone?" She asked while pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"I don't know.. but if you keep me in this hug any longer, I'll be dead before I make it to campus." I laughed, but actually enjoying my mother's embrace.

"Alright, alright. Are you sure you don't want to spend the rest of your summer here with your mama?" She insisted while releasing me from her bear hug.

"Yeah I don't think Rowan would let that be a possibility." I said laughing, imagining her freaking out if I decided not to go last minute.

My moms eyes widened. "You're right, go." She laughed while shooing me towards the door.

My mom has known Rowan since we were in the 5th grade when she came over for a sleepover.