Chapter Five : Leaving Pheonix

Timeskip: Isabella and Elizabeth are now seventeen.

(That was the last time skip, I swear :) )

Elizabeth felt the blazing sun on her cheek as she looked at her succulents. She grew them all herself, you know. She cared for them like they were her own kids.

And now that she was going to Forks to live with her dad, she was leaving them behind. Forks wasn't exactly ideal for succulents. The constant rain and cloud cover wasn't a healthy for her babies.

She didn't mind going, of course, that was only Bella. She hated Forks and hated anything cold and wet. Beth on the other hand, loved the cold. She loved wearing sweaters and hoodies and any reason to curl up under one of her knitted quilts or sit by a fireplace.

Yes, she still made them. It was quite a shock too, once Renée discovered she could stitch. And when asked where she learned, she lied and said a friend from school taught her.

Of course, Bella knew her sister was lying, but never outed her or questioned her on her strange hobby. They didn't have any friends at school.

Firming her resolve, Beth threw down the gardening shovel and empty plant pot and groaned looking towards the sky.

"Why does this have to be so hard?" She cried out, kicking the ground.

Sniffing once, she turned back towards the house where Bella stood outside talking to some people from school that claimed they were 'friends'.

She spotted the tiny cactus in Bella's hands and rolled her eyes, exasperated.

Of course her twin would try to take the desert with them.

She walked over just as Bella tripped on the sidewalk, a cause of seemingly nothing but air.

"Woah!" Beth steadied her quickly, "You okay?"

Blushing, Bella nodded and looked down the road where their 'friends' sped away.

Seeing her twin frown, Beth assured her,

" We won't miss them. We won't miss anything from here."

Bella nodded, "Except the sun."

The twins chuckled at that, knowing that Bella's clumsiness levels were bound to be on the rise when they got to Forks.

Before either could remedy the awkward silence that hung in the air between the two, Renée walked out from the house with a frustrated expression.

"It won't work again, baby." She complained to Bella, tossing her the phone. She was the tech savvy one of the two because of Beth's major dislike for this time era's technology. It was too slow for her taste, unlike her old universe's technology.

"That's because you put it on hold." Bella turned the phone to show their mother.

Renée's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief, " Really?"

"Yeah, and you also called Brazil." Beth teased as she leaned over to inspect the tiny flip phone.

She sighed inwardly, oh how she missed the holographic phones.

Renée playfully shoved Bella in revenge as the three girls laughed.

" I'll figure it out. You two gotta be able to reach me and Phil on the road," the thirty-seven year old woman got a dazed look in her eye, " - I love saying that - on the road."

The twins rolled their eyes with small grins on their faces,

"Very romantic." Bella commented.