Chapter Twenty: The Cold Ones

A/N: Holy f*ck! Chapter Twenty is here! How have I stayed so dedicated to finishing this book is beyond me.. Enjoy this update. :)

"Bella!" Mike called from his spot by the edge of the forest, Eric, a guy she didn't know and Tyler beside him, "Want to come look at the tide pools?"

Angela beamed beside her, "Oh yeah, Bella! You have to see them, they are literally so gorgeous!" Rising from her spot, she held out her hand for the other brunette.

"C'mon." She urged, wiggling her fingers. Bella debated between the hike and sitting around with Lauren and her crew briefly before jumping at the opportunity to get away. Even she disliked Malory's disgusting attitude.

The girl giggled at her friend's enthusiasm before walking over to where the boys disappeared to, loud boisterous laughter guiding them through the dark forest.

As expected, there were definitely some rebellious roots that stuck out of the ground, simply waiting for a clutz to fall over them. And with Bella being Bella, it definitely happened. And unfortunately, Angela was her tag along the second time round.

"Oof!" a stream of air escaped her lungs as Angela landed on her body. Angela scrambled to get off her friend as the boys turned around to see what was taking so long.

Angela moved a strand of hair behind her ear as her and Bella's cheeks burned red, "Sorry."

"No, no. It was my fault," Bella assured as they began walking again. 

"Its no biggie," Ang assured, trudging along the slightly worn and overgrown path through the foliage. The boys were almost a good thirty feet away by now.

"Bella?" The aforementioned girl looked up, "What's going on with your sister and Edward?"

The brunette sighed heavily, "I'm not entirely sure but I think that Beth likes him and he definitely seems interested..." she trailed off.

Angela noted how upset the other girl looked and assumed, "Jealous..?"

Bella's head shot up quickly and an almost disgusted expression crossed her face, "God, no." Jokingly,  she pretended to wretch.

Angela laughed," How come you're not as interested in him, though? Normally most girls are."

"Well," Bella gestured to herself. "I'm not like most girls. Or at least, I'd like to think I'm not."

"No, but uh....Edward- the Cullens in general just give me this creepy vibe. It's almost scary and, so not normal. I dont know how to explain it properly. They seem almost too perfect and sickly sweet and it honestly makes me sick."

Ang nodded, "Yea, I kind of get it. They seem - almost plastic."

"They certainly have the money for it...."

"Bella!"

Soon after the conversation died down, the small group of teens finally came to  the tide pools they'd been walking nearly fifteen minutes for. And truly, Bella had been very glad she came with  Angela and the guys.

It was so calm. Mostly undisturbed by the ocean waves crashing against the big rocks but a few feet away. Many starfish and tiny fish roamed the area. She even noticed a few sea urchins and thriving corals and cute crabs and mollusks. Then she saw a tiny white washed coral bone structure under some seaweed. She took that for her sister (who collected rare rocks and stones) , after making sure that she wasn't troubling any ocean life.

They had stayed for quite some time, until the sun began making it's slow and lazy decent onto the horizon. When they had gotten back to the larger group, many appeared to have started on the booze from the igloo that Bella had noticed earlier and some more people had joined. These people were different, their skin was tanned and had long black hair.

Immediately, she noticed Jacob. Well, more like he noticed her and exaggeratedly waved her down to gesture her over to his side of the campfire.

"Hey Bells!" Jake grinned wolfishly, dressed from head to toe in warm clothes. She very much envied him as she started feeling her nose begin to go numb.

"Jake.." she sniffed, "what are you doing here?"

He chuckled, "you're on my side, remember? I live on the reservation."

"Oh yeah," she recalled, "what are you up to then? I hope it's not underage drinking. I'm the Sheriff's daughter, remember?" She teased, noticing how one of his friends nearby who had obviously been eavesdropping, quickly hide his beer from her sight. She smiled inwardly, she loved watching people squirm when they found out that tidbit of information.

Jacob laughed nervously, "Me?! Nope, not at all."

Bella nodded, quite unconvinced, "Uh-huh. Sure."

"Bella!" Lauren called from the other side, "you know Jacob?"

The other teenager nodded silently, uncomfortable under the amount of eyes that had turned to her upon the prompt from the ragged bi-

No. Nope. Lauren was being rude but it didnt mean that Bella had to be as well. God, she'd been spending way too much time with Beth. Now, her old habits had started rubbing off onto Bella.

"Edward Cullen?" Another guy beside Lauren piped up.

Said girl spun around, "Yea, Sam. Do you know him?"

The slightly bulking man glowered darkly, "The Cullens don't come here." And that, was the end of that conversation. However, Bella's interest had been peaked and spotting the sun almost nearing the horizon, she made a decision.

"Hey Jake?" The seemingly innocent boy responded, not knowing what exactly he was about to get into.

"Walk with me?" The Quilette boy jumped at the chance, a bit too eager- it almost seemed.

And thus, the story began to unfold.

A/N: Hi....*whispers from behind couch * I know you're upset. But, I'll make it up to you....I promise.... so please dont kill me...

Hope you enjoy this tripple update

;)