7

Bella decided on letting Dylan go on his way but not after she calmed him down, telling him to think peacefully and don't do anything he will regret. He just had to remind him why they have to keep their corrupted manners intact. Finally, he nodded, quietening down the raging storm within him and promising her that he won't make a big fuss out of it. With the one condition: if she stayed here. She agreed without hesitation as she wasn't in the mood to face that cold hatred man, just not yet in her vulnerable state.

Bella didn't continue the palace tour with Archer except after they had lunch. She needed to gather herself, wiping any vulnerability or weakness that emerged on her.

They were now having lunch, and she was sitting in her usual spot opposite to Archer and beside her two cousins.

Bella didn't help but examine Archer while he is eating, not in a creepy way but in a more curious way.

Something was off about him. She thought. It's not new information, but observing closely, Bella slowly started picking the clues up.

He is eating in a respected and high ranked way as they learned, while the other two men beside him were generally eating like any other average person, not royal or in a high-ranked society. You see, royals and certain high ranked society members had a specific technique for everything in their lives. Eating techniques were one of them, and only those who have been taught the same would recognize it.

That was peculiar. She thought.

Why would a sir eat in a way like that?

He definitely is hiding something.

She brushed off the subject until she investigated more about it, concentrating on her lunch in the comfortable silence that lured the place.

Archer was aware of her strange glances at him and the curious eyes she had, even though she wasn't looking to his face nor his eyes but he knew she was looking at him, god knows why.

He also couldn't help but take a glimpse of her each now and then as well; he was peering at her with a blank expression. His eyes were secretly trying to convey how she felt due to the guilt eating him up in their last encounter. She didn't deserve that, he thought.

However, as fast as this thought invaded his head, it was immediately pushed aside, forcing Archer to focus on the matter in hand.

Nonetheless, She caught his weird glimpses at her. Yet, she completely discarded him, which upset Archer. An unsettling feeling toyed in the pit of his heart at the way he made her cower and hide away from him once again. She finally was opening up to him. Then again, he didn't come for Bella.

What the hell is wrong with him? It hasn't even been that long. He didn't know that woman that much to be that affected. It's unnatural, he sighed.

Archer was aware that as his eyes were set on a certain princess, another burning pair had him under observation. He knew whose eyes were those that kept glaring at him like that. He knew that Dylan didn't like the glances that he was giving to his girlfriend, who also is his cousin.

Especially after he came threatening him, Archer replayed Dylan's hot encounter a couple of hours ago.

"Sir Archer!" Dylan called through a growl, making Archer snap his head towards his direction, quickly fearing that something dangerous happened made him rile up like that.

"Prince Dylan," Archer bowed. "How may I help you?"

From the stern glare that Dylan was shooting him, including his unyielding clenching fists, he already knew that it has something to Bella.