27

Bella was in Eliza's private jet on her way to her kingdom.

She couldn't stop her mind from racing through all the bad events. She kept thinking about the good moments and staying positive, but all she has on her mind is that she will lose him. What if she already did? And she wasn't with him. If she was there, would she have saved him? Would she took most of the blow and tried saving someone she truly loves and cares about?

A warm hand slid into hers that was shaking, shifting her attention to him. "He is going to be okay." Archer pecked Bella's hand as she nodded even though she was just going with the flow. He took both of her shaking hands into his, squeezing them reassuringly. "Look at me." She was looking through the window, not watching anything in particular, in fact, her eyes were blurry as she was on the verge of crying, but she didn't want to appear weak in front of him. "Look at me, Bella." He said sternly in his alpha voice that he only used when he was doing the prince's duties. She turned her face, facing him by now, and still managed to keep her tears at bay. His heart broke at the profile of her. Her eyes were red and glassy, with a permanent frown on her face. He didn't like Bella to look or feel like that. He wanted to make her happy and reassure her, but he couldn't do that unless he knew the answers to the questions bugging her. "I know you are worried and that whatever I say won't calm you down till we know his true condition. But I know that whatever awaits us there needs your complete strength. So, please calm down and don't jump to any conclusions, got it?" A lone tear fell from her eye, and Archer caught it. Then another fell, and another, and she started crying. "Come here," Archer said, gently pulling her to his embrace.

Since they left Eliza's place, Bella stayed silent. She was consuming the information she heard from Eliza and lost in the sea of her own thoughts.

"What's about papa, Eliza?" Bella asked, panic luring her voice. "What happened to him?"

"On.. on the news, they say as king Evans was in his car with his own guards returning from somewhere, two large trucks and a minivan, passed by them, held men who started.." Eliza took a deep breath as Bella already started picturing what happened. ".. they started firing w..with their guns at him and his guards."

Bella's breathing quickened, and she felt like another piece of her was going to fade-away. "Wh..when.. and he.." she wasn't able to form a sentence. She was still in shock, trying to comprehend what she just heard.

Archer picked up on Bella and asked what she was trying to ask. "When did this happen? And what's king Evan's condition?" Archer squeezed Bella's hand as she squeezed back, grateful that he is here.

"It..it happened last night." Eliza paused, and It all dawned to Bella now why Dylan and Ashley wouldn't call her back. "The media know nothing about his condition. Dylan put high security and everything kept under the radar, complete secrecy about the king's condition."

"I...i have to go to them." Bella moved a leg but stopped, not knowing what to do now. Bring her clothes and stuff, go to the airport, try to call Dylan, or what the hell is she supposed to do now! "I have to be there."

"I will come with you," Archer informed, fishing his phone out of his pocket to prepare their flight.

"We will all come," Eliza added. "I already asked for the jet to be ready."

Bella neared Eliza, holding both her hands with serious eyes. "You aren't going anywhere. You have a wedding to prepare for." Eliza was going to argue, but Bella stopped her. "No, Eliza. You aren't canceling it. The wedding is still on, and you will go through it without me being there. I know how important it is to you, and I don't want you to ruin it more."

"Bella, I cannot... without you there.." Eliza whispered.

"You can, and I will visit you after you get married. We already spend those couple of days together, even though I can never get enough from you." Bella squeezed Eliza's hand. "Please promise me. Promise you won't delay it."