23

Days went by that they turned into months,, and Christmas was nearing, meaning the end of the year, also meaning the beginning of so many parties.

King Evans' kingdom never did a Christmas party which they invite to it all the higher-ups and elites; no, he always held a simple party at the grand local field located in the middle of the capital. He always held a feast for all his people in that simple party and gave them simple gifts. He never had the chance to grace the wealthy parties that he got invited to with his presence because his people always came first to him. However, he always sent his heirs on his behalf.

On the other hand, king Steven never held a party or went to one. Because he was keeping a low profile with his children after his wife's sudden death, and for a king, he did a great job in that, that no one had any idea of the existence of his heirs. However, he never forgot his people and always sent them a simple treat for the new year's beginning. But this year, many changes occurred,, and loads of things have been revealed so of course this year would be a new start with new celebrations. In other words, this year, king Steven decided to throw a party for the locals and another for the elites and higher-ups inviting so many well-known people from around the world.

"Ah, these parties are really tiring..." king Evans sank in the comfy armchair in their cozy family room. "Now I understand why you did not like going to them and always argued with me."

Bella chuckled. "See papa? I always argue for a reason."

"And I was born yesterday." King Evans scoffed.

He has been more relaxed, opened and joking since he handed the kingdom matters to Dylan. He also has been spending most of his time with Bella, as they both have nothing to do in their lives now.

"Welcome back, guys. Did you enjoy Sir Wilkins party?" Ashley came with a beaming smile spreading on her face, then planting a kiss on king Evans' cheek and took a seat beside Bella with a warm smile directed to her.

"Meh, you know the usual." Bella waved her hand dismissively bored by the subject. "But papa here really enjoyed his time."

"Indeed, Uncle?" Ashley faced king Evans with a curious smile.

"You have no idea, my dear." He shook his head, replaying the night. "Those men drink and talk a lot like these parties are seriously the source of gossip. I never thought they were this boring, especially with the wrong company."

Ashley chuckled. "God! You indeed had a blast there."

"So you all ready and packed for our flight tomorrow?" King Evans asked and at the same moment entered Dylan, with a greet to everybody then sat beside Ashley with his arm around her shoulder.

"Well, about that..." Ashley trailed off, not sure how to approach the subject. She was already heartbroken.

"What? What's wrong?" Bella asked panicked.

"Ashley and I aren't going with you." Dylan threw the bomb, silencing the room that you could hear their mingling breaths.

"What do you mean you are not going?" Bella asked bitterly. "Why are you not coming? You cannot not come."

"Bella's right. King Steven is expecting you both especially, and I believe your family deeply missed you, Ashley." King Evans narrowed his eyes at them.

"It's out of our hands', papa." Dylan huffed. "We really want to go but can't."

"Why? Is that because you are afraid of all those questions you would be getting from the people there and the paparazzi about your lateness of giving birth to an heir?" Bella crossed her arms, already frustrated if that was the real cause. The media have been throwing words here and there about how king Dylan and Queen Ashley have been married for six months and still didn't reveal any news about the upcoming heir. Like, what the hell is your deal, people? They have been married just for six months! Six damn months! Even if they are royals, they have every goddamn right to delay that matter. ,No, they have to stick their butts in what doesn't concern them and pressure sweet Ashley and Dylan. As if they don't have enough pressure already.