34

It has been two months since Bella woke up. In those two months, a lot happened. Everything changed in Bella's eyes when in fact, nothing really changed. After she took off while Archer was asleep, he kept trying to reach her for days, but she did nothing. She completely ignored his calls and texts. She knew she was torturing him, but it was for the best. She won't ever be good enough for him. He needs someone better, someone who would have this many insecurities. Someone who won't complicate his life more than she already is, being royalty and all. And that someone will never be Bella.

Like every day, Bella pathetically held her phone in her hand, her eyes glossing over each word in the last sentence Archer sent her: 'I will break your walls.'

The text read. It was the last text Archer sent her, and with it being the last, his calls and nagging all stopped as well. There was no Archer anymore in her life except the brief mentioning of him when Ashley spoke about her family. She didn't understand what was the use of the text when he already gave up? She didn't blame him; that's what she wanted in the first place. She wanted him to give up on her. And even though the text implied that exact thing, his actions implied otherwise.

Bella knew it was pathetic of her to hold the phone like that and read these words repeatedly, but she couldn't help herself. She doesn't know what will happen by her reading them on repeat; it's not like she will magically be courageous and barge in back to his life to claim his heart. That was way overdue. She already lost her chance. Two months was a long period of time. Apparently, for Archer, it was enough that he already moved on.

Upon that thought, Ashley's voice snapped Bella out of her daze. "Bella," She lifted her head from where she sat in the private jet, and her eyes connected with glowing Ashley, who sat across from her beside napping Dylan. Her little baby bump, not little anymore, along with her once tanned skin, was now glowing. Pregnancy really suited her. "Are you okay?" It was no secret what Bella and Archer had. Their families didn't know the exact details, but they knew that something was going on between them. Something good that Bella ruined. So, Bella knew exactly what Ashley was referring to. As on impulse, Bella's eyes went to where the crafted pink envelope laid on the wooden table between them. The huge title on the envelope catching anyone's eyes from a mile.

Prince Archer's and Valerie's engagement party. Bella read mockingly in her head. She dreaded that envelope and wished that it would set on fire already, but for her bad luck, no matter how long she kept throwing daggers at it, it won't set on fire, not that it will really change anything if it did happen. At the end of the day, they will still be getting engaged. She knew that it was coming sooner and later and that it was what she wanted from the first place, but why that french bitch of all people? Couldn't he find someone better to fit the role of a queen?

Bella was angered and frustrated with his choice of bride. Not that it would be any easier if he did choose someone else. She would still be filled with envy. She was that hypocrite.

"Bella?" Again Ashley's voice put an end to her thoughts.

Bella met Ashley's awaiting eyes that were laced with worry as she replied curtly not to let any of her emotions slip, "I am okay, Ash. Don't worry about me." She doesn't need anyone to worry about her. It was her decision, and she has to bear the consequences of it.

...

The plane ride took longer than each time. Then again, maybe it was just the fear, and dread Bella's thoughts mulled over that made her feel that way.

As soon as she stepped her foot into the palace's ground, she felt her heart beginning to pound rapidly. She wasn't ready to face Archer. She wasn't ready to witness the devotion and happiness he felt towards Valerie. She was freaking out when a warm wrinkled hand slid in her cold one and squeezed it gently. It was her papa. He was right beside her as a maid pushed his wheelchair. He gave her an encouraging smile giving her enough boost to will her legs to continue with their path.

Soon they were in front of King Steven, who was crushing his pregnant daughter in a heart-warming hug. He seemed to have aged a couple of years in the last two months. Was he ill? Her thoughts didn't go so far as it was her turn to greet him. Despite the break-heart she put his son through, he didn't seem to hate her as he welcomed her equally like everyone else. Even his eyes mirrored the happiness he felt to see her attending the party. Another reminder that she was that bitch who hurt such kindhearted people even though they started on the wrong foot.

Still, one thing was bugging her. Archer. He wasn't here. He was nowhere in sight. Maybe he was mad with her, so he didn't want to be here when they arrived?

Then her question was answered, stopping her eyes and thoughts from wandering anywhere else. "Archer is just with Valerie making some last checking up, but he will soon be here before the guests arrive tonight." King Steven said, and for a moment, Bella felt as these words were directed at her. His eyes met briefly with her wandering ones. Was she that obvious? Whatever it is, she ignored it. She just concentrated on what he said. Archer was with Valerie meaning that everything is not about her and she should stop being so self-centered. She scolded herself for giving too much thought to everything, making it seem as it meant something when it absolutely meant nothing.

The maids ushered them to their respective rooms, and Bella threw herself on the bed as soon as the door was closed. She let out a sigh and stayed lying there for a while, simply looking at the ceiling. Being back here after what she did bring so many feelings. Feelings that she tried so hard to get rid of or simply bury away.

She doesn't know how long she has been sitting like that when she heard a feminine giggle. Her room was located on the gardens' side, so that's what her windows looked at. Another giggle and her curiosity got the best of her. She already had an idea of who that might be, but still, she had to confirm it. She marched to the window and searched with her eyes to the source of these giggles until her eyes fell on her. That french she-devil that stole her man! Okay, not really her man. Archer was never hers and will never be. Not to mention that she is the one who let him go.

The soon-to-be Archer's queen once again giggled, "Oh, Archer, you are so funny." Her voice sickened Bella. She was so fake. Bella hated her with a passion. She was standing right there with her filthy hands resting around Archer's neck as his arms circled her tiny waist. They seemed really close, and Bella pouted at sight. If anyone saw her, he would think she looked ridiculous and pathetic. And maybe they are right; she is what hurts more than Archer was smiling at her. He liked that fake french woman. He was enjoying this, whatever it is. "Anyway, I should go," Valerie said, and Bella sneered from the inside, wanting her just to leave already and take her hands off him. "But I will see you tonight, fiance." Fiance. That punched Bella hard in the gut. And to add to it all, Valerie leaned closer and placed a kiss on Archer's lips. And Archer didn't push her away; he kissed her back! Another punch but this time in the heart. She felt as if her heart was being ripped out of her chest. He was kissing another woman. He was moving on. that's what she wanted. It's for the best. She kept chanting in her head, but it was becoming harder to believe as her hand clutched her chest through her shirt.

Finally, she bid her goodbye and left. Archer watched her leave, then let out a sigh, still completely oblivious to Bella's watching eyes. He ran his hands through his golden locks, and Bella remembered the last time she ran her own hand through these soft locks. Another heart-wrenching memory, and as if he felt her eyes on him, his head suddenly snapped upwards, and his eyes looked directly at hers. Millions of emotions came crashing at her as her eyes widened. What should she do? He was looking right through her and being caught off guard. Unfortunately, her emotions were on full display when his eyes were pretty guarded and void of any emotions. She couldn't take the coldness she felt from him, so she did the only thing she thought was right. She ran away from the window and hid beside it, letting her back glued to the wall beside the window. She was breathing heavily as her hand came up to cover her mouth. He looked right at her and felt nothing; no warmth nor any single emotion was running through his captivating orbs. She let out an uncontrollable sob. Her tears were already running down her cheeks. He hates her. He loves Valerie now. With each thought, her body slowly slid down the wall until her butt met the ground, and by now, she was full-on sobbing. It was too much. The heartache was so strong. She felt as if she couldn't take her breath. She wanted to rip her heart out already from how much it hurts. But she had no one to blame but herself. She did that. She made her hate him. She forced him to marry another woman. She drove him away.

It was all her fault, and she knew it. And she couldn't do anything at the moment but endure the pain she went through.