32

"The stingy royals." A foreign face with a sick smirk decorating his murderous face was the first thing Both Ashley and Bella saw as soon as the door snatched open. "Say your last words, your highness." Ashley started shaking with fear as the man lifted his gun and was ready to fire at them; however, he didn't get the chance to fire anything as Bella's foot greeted his face resulting in him stumbling back, giving Bella the chance to get out of the car and lock Ashley in it. "You broke my nose, you bitch!" he gained back his stance as the blood kept pouring out of his nose and down his chin.

"You deserved it, you little cunt." When it came to situations like these, Bella would gladly take off her royalty mask. Without warnings, the terrorist lunged at her tackling her to the ground. She was on her own now; the bodyguards were already occupied keeping the others away from Ashley as their number decreased. The terrorist aimed for a punch in Bella's face as he laid on her, but she swiftly dodged it.

"Not bad for a spoiled bitch." He snarled and, with the back of his gun, hit her on the head. The collision of the gun with her head hurt like a bitch, and she felt the line of warm blood dripping on the side of her head, yet she collected herself, ignoring the pain and switching it to anger. With her newfound anger, she managed to kick him in his dick, which distracted him, and with a swift move, she pushed him off her. he fell to the ground on his back but kept a firm hold on his gun as he saw what Bella intended to do when she pulled out the gun hidden under her shirt. They were both aiming at each other and ready to pull the trigger. Bella knew that this might be her end as she wasn't sure who would pull the trigger first. "Shoot, bitc--" The terrorist didn't get to finish his sentence as his finger fell off the trigger and his head fell back with a thud. He was shot in the head from behind.

"Are you okay, princess?" The loyal bodyguard who took the terrorist's life and saved her came rushing to her side.

"Yes, I am good." He helped her get off the floor. "Thank you."

"Let's get you off the--" The clueless bodyguard didn't get the time to finish as he was shot right in the head and fall into Bella's arms.

"No!" Bella yelled as she slowly fell on her knees while trying to hold the bodyguard's lifeless body.

"Your turn, princess." The one who shot the bodyguard came near her as cunningly she got out her gun from beneath the bodyguard's dead body and shot the terrorist in his leg. He screamed in pain as he clutched his foot. Bella took that as her opportunity and placed the bodyguard on the ground as she went to the wounded terrorist and punched him in the face. She would shoot him and end it once and for all, but he surprised her by firing at her himself.

Yet, she didn't faze and continued with her goal. she has to finish him. "Wha--" ignoring the pain, he shot him in the heart, cutting off his startled voice. Looking around her, she found only two of her bodyguards were left and four terrorists or maybe more. Where do they come from? She has no idea, and she didn't have the time to think about it as she rushed to the car and claimed her place in the driver's seat, making the driver's dead body immediately fall out of the car while she got in.

"Bella!" Ashley's relieved voice caught her attention, and as she was closing her door to start driving, a hand yanked it from her.

"Where do you think you are going, pretty thing?" Bella felt like she had no strength left in her, but she had to save Ashley. she has to get her and the baby out of here even if it was the last thing to do. Her eyes were droopy, but she fought the weakness seeping inside her and help her gun up as Ashley started weeping. The terrorist noticed Bella's weak state and took advantage of it as he yanked her from her hair. "Not so tough anymore, huh?" H e was dragging Bella by her hair out of the car to kill her when another voice stopped him.

"Stay...a-away from the p-princess.." an almost breathless bodyguard caught the man's leg, which allowed Bella to kick him, making him lose his balance. Wasting no time before the other guys who are occupied ending her bodyguards' lives notice her, she rushed behind the wheel and started the car.

"Buckle up, Ash!" She warned a crying Ashley, who felt relieved seeing Bella and secured herself in her seat as Bella roared the car's engine into life and took off harshly, ignoring the deadly men yelling and trying to catch them.

"Bella, you are bleeding!" Ashley gasped.

"I am okay," Bella said, driving crazily. "I..." she breathed deeply, dismissing the pain and the blood oozing out of her skin. "...can do... it." She had one goal, and that is to get Ashley safe.

"These are our cars." Ashley pointed out of the window as six cars with tinted windows passed by them in a blur. "They are too late."

Bella thought was Archer with them? If yes, would she get the chance to see him before she passes out? She could feel herself losing her consciousness slowly. She was fighting so hard to stay awake. Maybe she will die, but she just wants to see him one more time, just once. "Almost there." She whispered when she was supposed to reassure Ashley; however, it seems she is trying to reassure herself as she clutched her wounded stomach that wouldn't stop bleeding.

"Bella, Let me continue driving." Ashley tried. "We are nearly 15 minutes away, and you are not okay."

"A-almost th-there.." Bella kept chanting to keep her eyes open, and soon enough, they were honking for the gateman to let them in.

"It's the princess!" One of them yelled as they rushed to open the metallic huge gates and entered the castle's land. Bella stopped the car in front of the castle's door just as she saw Archer and four bulky men surrounding him loading their guns and ready to get into the two cars parked.

They stopped dead in their tracks as they stood alerted to the newly appearing car. "Archer!" Ashley rushed out of the car, running into her brother's arms as he squeezed her close to him.

"Thank god you are okay." He breathed out a sigh of relief. "I was just coming to follow the backup." He then started checking her. "Are you hurt? Did they touch you?" Without waiting for her answer, he turned to the men beside him, all completely unaware of the figure struggling to get out of the car. "Take the princess to check u--"

"No, No! Bella!" Ashley immediately cut him off. she was wonderful; Bella is the one who is critically wounded. "Help her, Archer, she is h--" Ashley didn't get to finish her words as it dawned on Archer, who ran to the driver's seat. How could he be so stupid? Bella was with Ashley, and she probably was the one driving.

"Bella!" His husky voice caught Bella's attention, who was leaning on the car while holding her bloody stomach. He ran to her, and with a last fragile smile from her, she started falling to the ground as her eyes shut and all she could see was black. He caught her just in time and held her bridal style. "Stay with me, Bella." She could hear his panicked voice as she felt him walk fast with her in his arms. "You can make it; just don't leave me..." she was trying to stay awake, but it was so hard. it seems so much easier if she just gave in to the darkness. "Baby, stay here, please..." It was the last thing she heard before she surrendered to the darkness and the calmness following it. She felt no pain anymore. She was numb, and she liked it. She happily surrendered; she already saw him one last time as she craved and that what mattered. And Ashley was okay with her unborn baby. It was all good. So, now she can rest.