33

"We all gathered here today in the memory of our courageous princess, Bella," A sound said, but it didn't matter to Archer who said it. Nothing mattered anymore. His eyes won't even look anywhere else but at Bella's lifeless body that was laid in front of them. "She sacrificed her life for her queen, her sister in law and her unborn niece or nephew." Archer's ears detected his sister's harsh sob. She was feeling guilty for Bella's loss. And maybe she should as Bella died to save her, but then again,n Bella did what she had to do. She was always that courageous and fearless woman that had her insecurities, but who didn't? "Please, say your final goodbyes." Upon hearing that, fresh tears started falling down his damp cheeks. Archer was surprised that he still had any tears left.

"Archer?" Ashley's voice dragged him away from his dark thoughts forcing his eyes to drift away from Bella's motionless body for a second. Why isn't she moving? "They are going to bury her." No! They can't! They can't put her beautifully delicate body under the ground.

"No!" He voiced his thoughts. "No, they won't!" He yelled as he wiped away the tears while pushing his way through the people around Bella's dead body, including Tia and Dylan. "She isn't dead!" He kept yelling like a madman.

"Archer... son..." His father tried; his voice was tired and clearly upset for the huge loss. He can't even bear looking at king Evans' face that held so much grieve. He can't imagine what he is going through. He never wants to!

"I said no!" His eyes were red and determined. "She is not dead! She will wake up!" He was losing his mind. The loss was so heavy on his heart. He didn't know that he loved her that much. With sad eyes, King Steven ordered his guards to take the prince away because he wasn't feeling well when he was preventing Archer from committing anything he will later regret. "Don't touch me! She is not dead!" Tia's sobs increased as she witnessed the scene. It was already hard what they were going through, but now this as well? "Bella! Bella, show them!" He won't give up as he fought against the guards' grip. "Wake up, Bella! Wake up!" He was already sobbing as well. It was out of his control, especially when he saw that Bella wouldn't do as he says. "Please,..." His legs failed him as he fell on the dirty ground, not caring about his expensive suit. At this moment, nothing really mattered except Bella's shiny eyes that he was dying to take a glance of. "Bella, please..." He pleaded, depression evident in his voice. "Don't leave me...Bella...Bella..."

...

"Bella..." Archer's mumbles were heard as Ashley passed by the room. "Bella, please..." The door was a bit ajar, so Ashley stuck her head in to check on him. Only to find him sleeping as he talked in his sleep, mumbling Bella's name on repeat.

Her heart ached for him as she took a couple of steps into the room and went to where he was passed out. "Archer..." She shook him gently. "Archer, wake up."

With one last shake, his body jolted up, almost falling off the so not comfy armchair that he fell asleep on with a pained yell, "Bella!" He was breathing heavily as his eyes searched the room panicky.

"Hey, Hey, calm down..." Ashley said gently as she stepped out of his line of vision. "She is sleeping, see?" His eyes fell on his sleeping beauty, whose face looked so pale compared to her normal skin tone. "It was just a dream. take a deep breath." She rubbed his back soothingly, and he obliged, taking slow deep breaths.

He rubbed his hands on his face while mumbling, "A horrible and frightening one." His eyes went back to where Bella was sleeping soundly. They looked exhausted and desperate for her to wake up, and Ashley felt bad for him. He hasn't had proper sleep for a day and a half. He won't shower, eat or simply budge from his seat until Bella wakes up.

"She will wake up, Archer," Ashley said. "The doctor said her body is just not ready to face the traumatic event she went through just yet. Just give her some time to heal." He nodded, not entirely convinced. How much time does she need to heal? Doesn't she want to wake up for him at least? "Do you want me to bring you anything to eat or drink?" She wanted so bad to make him eat something. Not only were they worried about Bella, but now they had to worry about Archer as well.