12 - Van Veridiano

12 — Van Veridiano
Male

"Look who's trying to make himself cool even if it's a fight."

I didn't bother looking at her since for sure she's wearing her wicked smile of triumph.

"Hey, Van," she says, sounding so sweet I almost forgot she's an actress, "nag-aalala ako."

Great. It's obviously payback time just because she won her duel. But I won't let her win me over.

"At bakit ka naman kunwaring nag-aalala?" I reply, deciding to go with her pace. I said our previous lines, only it's reversed. I said what she had said earlier.

"Hmm, let's see," she places a palm on her cheek and like what I did before, scans me from head to toe. "Because you're annoying? You don't have a pretty face like I do? And maybe because your eye ability would be useful but I don't care?"

The idiot did not make sense.

"Am I supposed to say shut up?"

"No..." she says before smiling sweetly.

This would be the first time I'm lost for words. Why am I staring at her? I should fight back. What the hell is happening to me? Am I getting attracted? But that's impossible. I can stop her before she can use her ability that's why she can never attract me.

"Dear Van," she says full of pride, "victory is—"

Stop.

The moment before she completely blinked her eyes, I stopped her from moving or even saying anything. She will stand still for a couple of minutes and she won't remember what happened while she's under my ability.

Her eyes are closed. That means she can't attract anyone. And yet... why am I still attracted to her?

"Yours," I grunt, thankful she can't hear me, "victory is yours."

That's it.

I lost.

Stupid feelings.

"From Immortal City, Number Twelve."

Number Twelve — Van Veridiano.
Eye Ability: Restraining eyes.

"I can make you stop."