nineteen

it was early january now, a new year, and jeongguk was currently on winter break. yoongi was at the apartment, cooking dinner while jeongguk was on his way home from work.

yoongi had finally gave in and let jeongguk walk home from work, but only occasionally. he still didn't trust the streets. and the younger didn't care that it was cold outside. he insisted that he needed some thinking time. in fact, that's when yoongi noticed that something was wrong.

jeongguk wasn't asking for much help with school work like he usually did, he was spending more time at the dance studio more than anything, and he didn't want rides to and from work anymore. yoongi was concerned for his boyfriend. he was going to try to ease into the topic once the younger got home, but he definitely wasn't going to force him to talk about it.

as yoongi was finishing up dinner, jeongguk entered the apartment. he didn't acknowledge yoongi. he just placed his coat on the rack before sulking off into his bedroom.

yoongi watched where jeongguk had left, a frown resting on his face. he turned off the stove top quickly and made sure everything was turned off before following the younger.

the blue haired boy knocked on the door. "jeongguk? can i come in?"

"i guess," came a muffled reply.

yoongi sighed and opened the door, seeing jeongguk curled up laying on his stomach and his face hidden in the pillows. the older sat next to him and rubbed jeongguk's back slowly. "gguk, you can talk to me, okay? i'm always here for you."

"i know." jeongguk kept his face hidden.

yoongi moved so he was lying next to jeongguk on his side and his arms was slung around the younger's waist. "i just-"

"please, yoongi. just leave me alone for a bit," jeongguk cut him off, rolling over so his back was facing yoongi.

yoongi's mouth fell open slightly as he sat up. he nodded even though jeongguk couldn't see him and left the room, closing the door quietly.

jeongguk had never pushed him away like that. he always came to yoongi when something was on his mind or bothering him. yoongi decided it was best to just give him space for the time being like he requested.

yoongi wandered into the living room and cuddled up with holly and a blanket, turning the tv on to a random tv show. it wasn't long before he fell asleep, their dinner going cold and forgotten.

•••

jeongguk hadn't slept in days. he couldn't remember the last time he had gotten a good nights sleep. the brunette stared up at the ceiling as a couple tears slipped down his face. he hated that he was pushing yoongi away so much, but he couldn't help it. jeongguk didn't want to hurt him some how.

jeongguk crawled out of bed and crept into the hallway, looking for yoongi. it's been quite a while since he told the latter to leave him alone. yoongi wasn't in his room, so he resorted to the living room. of course, he was there, curled up on the couch with holly cuddled into his side. yoongi was snoring quietly, his chest moving at an even pace.

moving closer, jeongguk poked yoongi's shoulder and whispered into the dark, "y-yoongi?" he watched, and after getting no reply he shook his shoulder. "babe? wake up."

"hmm?" yoongi's eyes cracked open as he rolled onto his back, exhaling deeply. holly leaped off the couch, trotting into one of the other rooms. once his eyes focused on jeongguk, he sat up slowly and stretched his arms out. yoongi moved his hands onto jeongguk's hips, rubbing circles into them gently. "hey, baby. you okay?"