Chapter 13

The two girls just disappear from their sight on which the three male students believe that their female classmates must have been kidnapped by a certain unknown spiritual being, and shortly, they would never put aside their fellow classmates even though it's possible. They could just go and search for the GameCube, but they wouldn't. Not until they ensure that those two girls were safe by their side. For once and for all, at this time around, the hot-headed and the easily angered blonde guy felt a bit distraught. Perhaps he does care about his missing classmates, or maybe it was a false alarm that he might actually feel scared to the point of coercing them to settle this problem immediately as possible.

"What's it with that round face and froggy!? They shouldn't have to wander around as they like. Such troublesome dumbasses!" Bakugou stomped angrily, gritting his teeth and his walking pace never seems to stay at the same speed.

"No, dude! Didn't you see that they have been with us a while ago!?" The red-head guy pointed out.

"I know! You don't have to tell me the things that I already know! Who do you think am I? A stupid nerd or something!?" Bakugou argued back as he glared at Midoriya the time when he mentioned 'stupid nerd', which it'll only make the green-haired guy startled a bit. "They really should have shouted for some help, and if they do, things would not have been complicated like this!"

"So you care?" Kirishima's voice was barely audible.

"The hell should I be babysitting those babies!? Now hurry up and let us find the two of them! I don't want to waste any time to stay at this stupid level!"

At the same time, somewhere in the top-most part of the spooky mansion...

The two girls; Uraraka Ochako and Asui Tsuyu was tied with a tightrope against each other, their mouth was sealed with a tape. They tried to struggle free from the rope that binds them and several attempts to set themselves free, but none of it seems to work at all. Not far from their position, there was an old-looking treasure chest secured with a lock-pad. Whatever that thing was, they assumed that it was the Gamecube, and it has to be it.

Not long after that, the three guys barged in through the closed door and was petrified to see that their female classmates were held captive.

"What the hell!? Who could have done something like this!?" Kirishima scoffed as he rushed to their side to set them free, along with Midoriya.

"It must have been the ghosts. We don't have much time, we have to find the cube quickly. Or else, any one of us could be the next target."

While Kirishima and Midoriya were in the middle of setting Uraraka and Tsuyu free, Bakugou was having an eye on the old treasure chest. When curiosity hits him, he dragged himself closer to it to get a better look as he kneeled down and inspect it. He couldn't open it though since the chest was locked.

"Shit." He mumbled impatiently.

"I think I have the right key for the chest!" After the two guys managed to set them free, Tsuyu ran towards Bakugou and handed him the key from her pocket.

The blonde guy rolled his eyes and took the key from her. A cool breeze suddenly flows freely in the attic which sends a chill through their spines.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Midoriya gulped, delivering a serious look at Bakugou. "Kacchan. I believe the Gamecube was locked inside the chest."

"Good! Then what's with it? You got any problem?" Bakugou flashed a small cocky grin at him.

"Ummm, I think what he's trying to say is that..., once you make a contact with the Gamecube then something bad is gonna happen. One of us must stay at this level, while the rest will advance to the next level." The brunette girl pointed out.

"Whatever. I'm not gonna stay. Note that." Bakugou immediately inserted the key into the lock-pad and turned to unlock the chest. Once the chest was unlocked, he opened the chest and the Gamecube was reveal inside.

Once the blonde took a hold of the Gamecube, suddenly there was a loud rang coming from downstairs as the sound echoes and reach the attic. The sound keeps on ringing and they assumed that it was the sound of the grandfather clock.

"The hell are you guys just standing there doing nothing!? Come on and get your butts out of here!" Bakugou snarled as he ran past them.

As soon as the group leaves the attic and reached the ground floor, that is when the grandfather clock stops ringing. As far as they concerned, they managed to count the number of time when the clock rang. Twelve!

"Twelve! but it wasn't twelve o'clock yet! IT might have been some kind of technical mistake." Kirishima retorted as if he wasn't satisfied.

"No, you dumbass! Don't you get it!? Twelve o'clock! Go watch some freaking horror movie and cry for your mommy! It's the time when 'that' thing appear!" Bakugou snarled raising his fist in the air while he was running towards the wooden door that leads them to the save point.

"Oh! I get it now! Hurry and save yourself, everyone!"

Soon, Bakugou was the first one to reach out the doorknob and open it only to save himself and let his comrades access through it. Then there comes Midoriya and Uraraka. Before Tsuyu could step into the save point, she stops and turned back to let the red-haired guy enter it. Instead of having to take the opportunity, Kirishima reclines her offer as he pushed her forward and soon, he slammed the door closed. His action, however, makes the three of them shocked, except the blonde guy.

"Kirishima-chan!" The frog girl's eyes widened in surprise.

"Why is he doing that?" Uraraka helped Tsuyu to get up on her feet, "He could have just denied Tsuyu-chan's offer properly."

"Hmmm!" The blonde guy only managed to let out a grunt wrapped his arms. "You damn girls should be grateful. He was just trying to save you, frog face!"

"I think I get it now... It's about what we have seen from the TV earlier. It wasn't a clue that will lead us to the Gamecube at all, all along it was-" Before Midoriya could finish his words, his sentences were immediately cut by Bakugou.

"That jerk told me that he was their next target. He knew it all along after he watched the TV that reveals all the clue about who was the next target. It was him. He was just pretending that he knows nothing and keep silent about it."

"And why was he doing that? He could have told us earlier so we could sort things out." Uraraka added.

"If he does, then someone else would have to take his place. Then the game plan would have been changed. All along, it was as the game was plan perfectly. At a certain level, any one of us was marked as their target to stay at that specific level." Midoriya explained.

"The actual target person that the ghost would want to meet will either be Midoriya-chan or Bakugou-chan. No doubt" The frog girl lifted her index finger to her chin.

"The cake? The pro wrestler, football, and ladybug? Then the clue was obvious all along. It was something that related to Kirishima-kun." The brunette scratched the back of her head in disbelief.

"Enough talking now. Now there's only the four of us left. It's either you guys stay here or leave this place." Bakugou shifted as he reaches for the spiral staircase, and soon, his other three classmates follow him.

'I didn't know why but Kacchan was starting to react differently from the moment we were all trapped in this realm. Uptight, aggressively reliable and someone that any one of us could rely on. I 'm not sure what was he thinking, but I'm really glad that he was starting to-'

While Midoriya was in the middle of having a thought about describing Bakugou, the blonde guy abruptly growl at him.

"Stop smiling you stupid nerd! We're in the middle of dragging ourselves in a chaos here and it's a nightmare! Quit it!"

"Y-y-yes! Sorry!"