Chapter 14

As soon as the group walked into the door that leads them to Level 4, the horrifying-sounding tone starting to chime, however, what shocks them the most is that they aren't any PA system at all in the open air. They were currently standing on a wooden walkway that stood still under the dark colored lake. The sky was darkening as there was no sign of light from far above, except that there were wooden lanterns which float on the wide-stretched lake.

"Guys. The theme of this level might be a bit different compared to the previous level, so, I think we should-" The moment Midoriya turned back to look at his classmates, he was somewhat petrified to witness that there was only Uraraka Ochako by his side.

"Uraraka-san!? Where are Kacchan and Asui-san?"

The brunette shifted to look behind her and she too was surprised when the other two weren't with them anymore.

"Wha- Where are they? Why are we separated? Aren't Bakugou-kun was the first person to enter this level earlier? Did he happen to be rushing away just because he couldn't stand any of this game any longer? But, where is Tsuyu-chan!?" Many kinds of questions began to make the girl ponder in curiosity as she looked around her desperately.

"No!" Midoriya pointed out, "I think that we might be separated because the ghost wants us too."

"But why?"

"Look around us. It's a one way kind of walkway. We would have been in a group of 4 people if the two of them were here, and instead, I have a feeling that both Kacchan and Asui-san was warped somewhere else in this level. No doubt. The only reason why we were separated in a pair is that not only to saves time but their target is one of us." The green-haired guy elaborated.

"The person that they want to meet so much would either be you, the one who found the Gamecube by the street or Bakugou-kun, the one who denies solving the Gamecube. So, which means that their target person would either be me or Tsuyu-chan..." Her voice starting to shake the moment when she mentioned her name and Tsuyu's.

Midoriya nodded at his friend's opinion. They were not completely unaware about their current situation though, as they were too soon to realize that the things that happen to them weren't a coincidence, but it was as planned. The ghost, or to be precise, the one who drags them here must be a human. Or, perhaps was once human. Not long after that, both Midoriya and Uraraka decides to not waste their time and resumes their journey to find the Gamecube at this level.

The sky was soon enveloped slightly with a light mist. As the two of them walked straight ahead, they soon reached a tall gate which was situated on their right side. A large number '1' was engraved at the top part of the rusty iron gate. When those two approached the gate closely, a thick mist starting to brew through the gap between the gate structure.

"Did you see anything through it? The view is too obstruct. Do you think that we should access through this gate?" Uraraka used her hand to sweep the mist away.

"No, wait! I think I see something." Midoriya tried to focus on seeing through the gate and as soon as the mist stop brewing from within the gap of the gate, they spotted a wooden coffin floating on the river which it lies a few meters apart from the gate.

"Look! A coffin." Uraraka pointed out.

"I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this." Midoriya gulped as he stepped back from the gate.

A moment later, the coffin starting to open dramatically by itself and a terrifying voice of a spiritual being began to fill the air which makes the two classmates shivers in fear. Soon, a gruesome pair of hands with long nails stretched out of the coffin and before the two of them managed to get a better look of the being, both of them do a jump scare before they ran away towards the original path that leads them to walk further ahead.