Part 31 The Ball Before Christmas | Edited

DISCLAIMER before reading: I know the picked songs below don't go into his timeline but those were the types I imagined whilst writing the dance scenes, if you want to, try to give it a listen, if not, you can always pick your own or not <3 love you guys

--------------

The main hall of Hogwarts was charmed and decorated to appear as the most luxurious, dazzling to the eye room. The welcoming dance floor beneath the feet was as white as the falling down snow which was enchanted to dissolve dropping half way. There were tall, white curtains covering Hogwarts windows, concealing the bright light illuminating from within. The large Christmas tree, coated with white sheets on its green branches, stood high before the students and teachers at the front.

Whilst the middle of the room was emptied exclusively for the tapping feet, there were long tables shoved to the sides of the room, silver tablecloth resting on top, holding the variety of delicious sweets, food and drinks

The guests came dressed in whatever they felt comfortable with, whether it was traditional dress robes or comfort of their own clothes. Most boys wore tuxes and most girls wore posh dresses. Due to the change of their appearance, lack of uniform and the effort in most of their looks, it appeared like Hogwarts was celebrating diversity as one house instead of regular four. It truly felt like everyone belonged. It felt like home.

You clutched onto Sirius Black as you gracefully entered the room. Classical, violin music instantly met your ears.

The black to purple ombre chiffon dress you wore dragged across the carpet beneath your feet, showing off one of your legs through a thigh-high slit in front. There was a purple gem necklace that laid like a slit throat around your neck as your hands were covered in elbow length black gloves.

The pair of you approached Lily and James who were already waiting for you. Lily wore her ginger hair up in a sumptuous high bun as an incredibly ravishing, strapless, long, mermaid, red velvet dress curved her delicate, pale features.

Lily's red lips flashed a smile when her eyes fell towards your dress. 

"You look... amazing" - she said, grinning wide

"So do you" - you stretched your hands, signalling towards her outfit "You look stunning" - then you looked at James and your smile shortened "James" - you nodded to be polite

He nodded back, without saying a word. Sirius noticed the slight tension and uttered "James, let's go get some drinks for our ladies, shall we?"

"Yes, of course" - Potter replied, excusing away from Lily

Sirius looked into your eyes, taking your hands into his "What drink would you like?"

"Just get me anything"

Sirius nodded and the two of them left towards the huge dining table.

"So" - when they were away, you asked Lily "Do you regret coming with James yet?"