Part 96: Beginning Of The End

A/n: I really recommend you all to listen to that song, it is an amazing song and some of you might recognize it from a TV Show called "Riverdale" 

Anyway, Hope you'll enjoy this part, only 3 left!

Also, this is the LONGEST chapter so far (3500 words) usually it would be around 1000 so I hope this will not scare you away and as always, feel free to comment as I do read all of them. Anyway, enjoy a toilet break, enjoy some music and enjoy this HP fanfic <3 <3

*****************

"Get down!" - Alastor shouted at Aberforth, pushing him out of an incoming curse

Aberforth and Alastor leered sideways, splitting up as the death eater vanished into the swallowing fog.

Heads were spinning, minds clouded, as each inch around the members indicated a thrilling threat for a quick end.

"We need to get out of the mist before someone murders our own!" - Aberforth roared, his spell clashing against someone else's, till a second enemy dashed at him through the shadows, just about to raise their wand. Dumbledore hurtled his arm and the grappling spells sparked into a blast of white light, just in time for Aberforth to fly out of the ambush.

"We need to lure them away!" - Edgar stunned a masked silhouette, watching it fall down to the depths

"Dorcas!" - Moody glimpsed back, barely spotting sweat-driven Dorcas Meadowes who just fought off an incoming spell

"A little busy here, Alastor!" - she responded, her eyes locked onto an approaching outline

"Make some time then!" - Moody snarled, glancing over at a dart of light that flew over his head "To the ruins! More cover there and we'll actually see those bastards!"

Dorcas nodded, retreating back through the way the members came from while the rest followed behind, watching their own backs like hawks for curses.

Still on top of a high hill, where most of the death eaters awaited for further instructions, they were glaring down at the constantly bouncing illumination below, as if there was a fallen cloud of lightning. 

Until it suddenly stopped.

Riddle heard a voice call out from his right "My lord, they're retreating through the forest, heading for the ruins."

Tom's eyes twinkled with sinister pride "Good." - his voice assertive "Let's begin."

One by one behind Riddle, figures flew out, trailing the distant sight of the retreating bodies. Some took off towards a different direction - to track and corner their enemy from another angle.

Still standing, Riddle glimpsed over to his left - at you.

The short, gentle shimmer in his eyes soothed your heart.

You softly grabbed his hand, sinking into the tender flutter running to your core. His reciprocating touch was blinding as he looked at you with a loving smile, your fingers intertwined with his. You could feel his thumb brush against your skin in a doting, admiring comfort.

Meanwhile, brooms dashed through the trees outside of the fog. Friendly faces barely missing poking out branches, being more worried about the chaos that followed.

The members who flew last collapsed down at the curses bolted from behind, some dropped dead, some severely injured. Nonetheless, scattered death eaters would stop to either kill them off or torture them.