Part 36

Bridged and Arnold were high up in the trees surrounding one of the camps that contained people from Earth. Their plan was a crazy one, but it was one that just might work. People were superstitious and they were in a new world. It was time to start psychological warfare.

"This is crazy Bridged."

Bridged looked over and flashed Arnold a grin. He was stretched out on a limb a few feet above her. It was hard to see Arnold in the darkness of the tree, but Bridged knew him well enough to know that he was wearing a frown.

"But it just might work."

"I will be surprised when it does work. We are putting a lot of stock in superstitions. A lot of people don't believe in them anymore."

"True," Bridged conceded. "But a lot of people still do. With Renen and Jengka's help, we should be able to scare everyone enough to where we can attack. This world is strange enough that it might convince them that this world is filled with bad mojo."

Arnold didn't say anything. There was a soft rustling from his branch. He was quiet for a few minutes before he spoke.

"It's hard to tell who all is in the camp from here, but I can spot several different flags flying. Here look."

Arnold passed Bridged his binoculars. Bridged brought them to her eye and studied the flags that flew.

"I am unable to see what country those flags belong to." Bridged lowered the binoculars. "Did you happen to bring your book on superstitions around the world?"

"No, but I'm sure that I can describe it to that magical chap of Jengka's and he could fetch one for me."

Bridged grunted as she slowly sat up. "If we can get that book, then we can see what superstitions we can work with besides the common ones of don't break a mirror or spill salt."

Arnold stood up and held a hand out to Bridged. Bridged took it and let Arnold pull her up to his branch. He kissed her sweetly before he pulled back.

"We need to get started then. I'll race you home."

"You're on. Winner gets to decide what to do in bed."