Part 41

Chaos reigned as Bridged, Arnold, and the natives worked on scaring the crap out of Retired General Matthew Bearns and his men. They slept during the day and made a nuisance of themselves at night. Their plan was to exhaust the invaders enough to where it would be easy to destroy them.

So far it was working. Jungka, Renen, and the rest of the warriors were busy picking off the General's men one by one. No one really noticed it since there were so many under his command. It was easy work to separate the intended victim from the rest and finish him off quickly.

One of the warriors ended up having a gift of copying sounds from other people so whenever they managed to kill one of the enemy, he would duplicate their death cry and multiply it by ten. It was enough to raise the hair on the back of everyone's neck.

Slowly, the town that Chief Nakiki was in charge of began to whittle the army down to size. Sure, some of the agoathos daimon's were killed, but their casualties were small compared to th Generals.

News of their tactics spread like wildfire through both sides. The enemy worked on preparing themselves for the onslaught, but they were quickly outmatched by the determination and resourceful of the agoathos daimon's.

Reports came in everyday of the previous nights battles. The record keepers kept track of the dead and wounded on their side plus the running tally of the enemy. The agoathos daimon's were surprised at the staggering number of enemy that they were killing. They knew that the enemy was populous, but they didn't realize how much.

Throughout it all, Bridged and Arnold kept everyone's spirits up and they were continuously coming up with new ways to terrorize the enemy. Whether it be by new scares or the discovery of poisonous plants and toxins that they could drop into the water and food of the enemy.

Things were going so smoothly that it was almost scary. Surely it wouldn't be this easy. Something had to happen. Something always happened during sieges like this. Maybe it was superstitions that Bridged and Arnold brought from their world, but their worries about how smoothly their attack was going didn't seem to disturb the agoathos daimon's. Bridged and Arnold just hoped that their winning streak continued. If this failed, then they were completely out of ideas and this world would fall.