Chemistry.

Adrien Agreste liked Marinette. He wanted to have a future with her. A long one. But, she left him before they could do anything even remotely close to a future.

"Dude, you okay?" Nino asked Adrien as the two walked down the stairs outside the school. Adrien sighed and nodded.

"I think I'm gonna confront my father. I don't need to be held against my better judgement. I know what's good for me." Adrien told Nino, who nodded almost immediately.

"Heck yeah, Adrien! It's your life. You're almost 18. Go for it." Nino patted Adrien's shoulder.

"Alright. See you, Nino." Adrien waved at his best friend and walked towards the silver car, getting into it quickly.

As Adrien sat in the car, he couldn't help but think about what would happen when he did confront his father. Out of all girls, why Chloe? She was a mess. Sure, they were supposed to be best friends, but that was only when she wasn't such a stuck up pain in the butt. Otherwise, he'd be great friends with her. Unfortunately, she was rude, disgusting, and obnoxious. He didn't feel any love towards her at all. No attraction, just hate.

The car abruptly stopped and Adrien got out of the car, walking into his home. He knocked on his father's office door, suddenly feeling a little nervous.

"Enter." He heard the stern tone of his father's voice as Adrien opened the door and closed it behind him. He took a seat in a chair in front of his father's desk.

"Father." He said. Gabriel Agreste looked at his son, his face blank.

"Yes?" He asked. Adrien felt chills go through his spine. He had to do this now. There was no turning back. Adrien thought of Marinette, and how betraying her was the last thing he wanted to do. He felt confidence wash over him.

"I don't want to be with Chloe and I'm done with you controlling me and my every move." He said. Gabriel's eyebrow raised as he placed his pen down and straightened up in his chair.

"Hm? Tell me Adrien, What makes you think you have an opinion in this matter?" Gabriel asked.

"Because, again. It's my life, they're supposed to be MY rules. I was with someone else and you tried to sell me out like a bad guy. Dating Chloe is NOT good for my reputation, it just makes me look like a monster standing next to a makeup face-packed freak to the public. I am not a bad guy so stop trying to control me!" Adrien shot at his father. Gabriel looked at Adrien and nodded.

"Very well. Control your own life then." Gabriel said. Adrien sat back.

"Okay. Thank you." Adrien stood up and walked out of his fathers office.

He had to admit, he was surprised his father approved. But then again, Marinette and Gabriel had a good relationship. He liked her. She idolized him. Maybe that's why? Or maybe for once he just wanted Adrien to be genuinely happy.

All Adrien knew was that he and Marinette have chemistry, and Adrien was just about ready to risk his everything for her.