Distance.

"And the part where Aladdin fell into the water? Crazy!"

Nino cheered to Adrien and Marinette as he continued to walk out of the large room that played the movie. Marinette laughed to herself and shook her head.

"You're such a fanboy." Adrien rolled his eyes.

Oh.

That was beautiful.

Marinette cleared her throat and turned to Adrien.

"Well, I should probably get going. The movie was fun, thank you for insisting. I'll, uh, see you on monday." Marinette said, before turning away. Her wrist was in a tight grip and she turned back to Adrien, with a gentle smile on his face and his soft eyes on her face.

He examined Marinette's calm expression before looking at her lips and then back at her eyes. Marinette suddenly felt nervous. His gaze always made her that way.

"Be safe getting home." Adrien spoke. Marinette's mouth fell a little before she stood straighter and nodded.

"Got it. Bye." Marinette replied. Adrien dropped Marinette's hand and she quickly smiled before running out of the door.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Hey Siri, how do you know if a guy likes you?"

'1. Mutual Eye Contact.'
- People look at people they like and avoid looking at people they don't like.

'2. A Light Touch.'
- Touching is a good indicator that a person likes you or dislikes you.

'3. Inward Leaning.'
- Body orientation is an important indicator that the person you are talking to likes you. People lean toward people they like, and distance themselves from people they dislike.

Marinette closed her laptop and let out a long sigh.

"What does this tell me?" She spoke to herself, tapping her chin in thought.

Suddenly, a lightbulb.

The plan was a little stupid, but could help the situation Marinette was in. Maybe.

All she had to do was stay away from Adrien.

Distance was all it would take.

Right?