Us.

"So he just didn't say anything? Don't you think that's a bit off of Adrien? He's usually one to be forward, and also not keep secrets."

Alya's voice rung in Marinette's ears as she lied in bed. It was around 1 AM, and she was still wide awake. Why did she care so much? He had his own personal problems, she doesn't need to know every little thing.

Yet still...

Marinette turned in her bed, staring straight up at her ceiling. She let out a small and short sigh.

"What if he's cheating on me?" She asked herself. The thought made her heart drop a little and her throat go dry. She shook her head, pushing the thought out of her head.

'No,' She thought. 'Adrien wouldn't do that to me. He told me he'd be honest.'

Marinette huffed and grabbed her phone from the small compartment above her head and swiped to her messages with Adrien.

Marinette
r u up?

Adrien :)
Yeah.
Can't sleep?

Marinette
yeah :/
i hate these kinds of nights

Adrien :)
I agree.
I'm stuck in thought.

Marinette
abt what?

Adrien :)
Oh, nothing.
Just model stuff for my father.

Marinette took a deep breath. It was so obvious he wasn't telling the truth. Marinette closed her eyes, her phone still on in front of her face.

Marinette
oh ok
hey adrien?

Adrien :)
Yes?

Marinette
i hate to ask over text but
are you keeping something important from me?

Adrien :)
Well.
Aside from earlier with Nino?
Nothing.

Marinette
is it about us?

Adrien :)
Somewhat, yes.
And I will let you know.
I just need a bit of time, if that isnt too much to ask.

Marinette
of course
you could've said that in the beginning when i asked

Adrien :)
I'm aware, but I'd still rather just talk to you alone about it.
I won't make you wait a while.
Promise.

Marinette
take your time
ill be patient

Adrien :)
Thank you, Mari.
I'm actually getting a bit tired now, so I'm gonna head to bed.
Goodnight.

Marinette
goodnight adrien
read 1:43 am

Marinette put her phone down, feeling somewhat satisfied. She was thankful that she had at least cleared that up with Adrien.

Finally being satisfied for the time being, Marinette turned to her right side, letting her right hand go under her pillow as she finally closed her eyes and let the sudden sleep take over.