Blame.

THIS CHAPTER GOES TO RandyNetwork65
THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME TO UPDATE THIS BOOK!! <33

——————————————

"After fencing, you have chinese for 3 hours, be sure to practice tonight before bed. Make sure you get there in time."

"Whatever, Nathalie." Adrien said. He stood up from the chair in the empty dining room. His head was down as he started to make his way out of the room. He looked up, and at the chair across from his on the other side of the room.

Empty.

Like usual.

Adrien let out a scoff before shaking his head and brushing off Nathalie. Making his way upstairs, he felt upset. Knowing Nathalie wouldn't barge in anytime soon, Adrien decided to transform. There was only one person who could cheer him up right now.

"Plagg, claws out!"

✰✰✰

"She's so pretty."

Chat Noir mumbled to himself, his eyes fixed on Marinette as he spotted her through her window when he landed on her roof.

She sat in her room on the ground beside her bed, her head buried into a book. Papers were scattered in front of the girl. Marinette placed her book down and visibly sighed. She recollected her papers before her eyes met his. Marinette's straight smile pulled up into a small smile as her eyes dilated at the sight of him. He waved at her. Marinette stood up and walked towards the window, opening the latch and standing aside as she pushed it open.

"Good evening, Chat Noir. How can I help you?" Marinette placed her head into her palm. Chat smiled.

"Funny." He spoke. Marinette grabbed his hand, pulling him into her room. He sat on her bed. Marinette pulled the rolling chair at her desk in front of him and sat on it.

"You're quiet. What's wrong?" Marinette immediately spoke. Chat's heart warmed.

He said one word and she knew immediately.

He detransformed and sighed deeply.

"I just feel unwanted. Like no one cares about me." He sighed. Marinette placed her hand on his as she caressed it. She stared into his eyes.

"You're wanted. I care about you. Nino cares, Alya cares. Everyone in Paris loves you."

'But do you?'

"But what if I do something wrong? Something to disappoint?" Adrien spoke, ignoring his thoughts. Marinette shook her head.

"This is about your father, right?" Marinette asked. He nodded.

"I'm sorry about him. I'm sure he cares. He's just..occupied." Marinette replied. Adrien shook his head.

"Is he really so busy that he can't even eat dinner with his son? His own flesh and blood? Ever since my mom, he hasn't been there." He said, looking down. Marinette kept one of her hands on Adrien's hand as her other hand made its way onto his cheek.

"Blame the universe. Your father never intended to lose his wife. And you never intended on losing your mother." Marinette spoke softly. Adrien stared at her, as she did the same. The two kept their eyes locked on one another.

And after what seemed like an eternity,

Marinette and Adrien finally shared their first kiss together.