Chapter 9

WARNING: This section of the story contains descriptions of homophobic language, alcoholism, physical abuse, violence and reactions to pain. If you are easily triggered and would rather not read this chapter please skip to chapter 10 . I will put a quick summarization of what occurred during this chapter in the beginning of chapter 10 for those for would rather not read this chapter.

It was 9pm and Pidge refused to leave Keith's house.

"Keith! I'm hungry!" Pidge complains.

"Well, come to the kitchen and we can get something to eat since you don't seem to be leaving anytime soon." Keith says as he gets up off his bed. Pidge smiles and follows Keith to the kitchen. Sticking his head into the pantry, Keith pulls out a loaf of bread and peanut butter before grabbing the jam from the fridge. He places the food onto the counter and turns to Pidge.

"You good with peanut butter and jam sandwiches?" he asks Pidge. Pidge gives him an excited nod and goes to open the loaf of bread while Keith grabs plates from the cupboard. After grabbing two plates, Keith starts to walk up behind Pidge when all of a sudden, a great burst of pain radiates from his stomach causing him to drop two plates. The plates hit the floor with a loud crash, startling Pidge, who whips around to see Keith crouching on the floor holding his stomach. Pidge races to Keith's side, panic filling his mind.

"Keith!" Pidge shouts. Keith lets out a hiss of pain before suddenly jerking back in pain. A stabbing feeling radiating across his head, and then all of a sudden, a trickle of blood travels down his temple. Pidge's eyes grow with fear as he watches a massive gash appear across Keith's temple and bruises start to form up his arms.

"Pidge!" Keith gasps as he continues grasping his stomach, "What's happening to me!?"

"I-I-I don't kno-" then he stops mid sentence, remembering something taught to him in his junior year health class. When soulmates draw on their skin it shows up on the skin of their soulmate, but when soulmates experience bodily pain, their soulmates will feel it too...

Pidge's face went white, this pain that Keith was feeling could only mean one thing. Lance was in a hell of a lot of danger.

"Aaah!" Keith shrieked as he curled into a ball. Bruises continued to appear on Keith's body and Pidge swear he could hear the sounds of bones cracking. Tears started to pour down Pidge's face as he watched Keith scream and wither in pain. With a wipe of his tears, Pidge raced to grab his phone from off the kitchen counter and immediately dialed Hunk.

"Hello?"

"Hunk! Is that you!" Pidge shouts as Keith's screams of pain grow louder.

"Oh my god, what is happening?!" Hunk asks, sounding extremely worried.

"Where is Lance!" Pidge yells.

"Huh?"

"Where the fuck is Lance!"

"At his house!? Why?" Hunk asks, the fear in his voice evident.

"Call the police to his house! Now!"

"Why! What happened!?"

"Hunk! Lance is in serious trouble; it must be so bad that even Keith is feeling it!" Pidge shouts, quickly looking over to Keith who has suddenly gone silent.

"Fuck, oh my god no," Hunk says panicked, realizing what Pidge meant. "Okay, I'll call 911. Call 911 for Keith immediately!"

"Hunk, what's happening?" Pidge asks, scared.

"I'll tell you later, just hang up now and call 911." Hunk hangs up the phone and Pidge lowers the phone from his ear, hands trembling.

"Pidge!" Keith screams as a force hit him the stomach and flings him back towards the fridge.