Prologue

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

"You get to choose what you want, but you must get clear about what you want."

-Rhonda Bryne, The Secret

In this prologue, I have tried to explain the past lives of Sanskaar, Swara and Lakshya and their unfulfilled desires from their previous births. Let us see how the universe fulfills them.

___________________________

YEAR 1990

Pratham Agarwal knew that he was dying. Blood was oozing out of the injury on his head and slowly his eyes were losing their focus. He wanted to call out for help, but he couldn't, he was still in shock of the accident. But he could hear the voice of his heart- " You can't die now Pratham..You are only a short distance away from your dream..Zaara will be yours forever..Come on now..You can't accept defeat..You have to live..You have to make her yours.."

But Pratham knew that he would die any instant

But Pratham knew that he would die any instant..So he shut his eyes tight and tried to pray with all his heart, "Oh God..If I die, please make sure that I will be reborn on this earth, to unite with Zaara in my next birth..I want to marry her and make her heart and soul, mine forever.."

Just as he finished this final prayer, he breathed his last.

YEAR 1995

Zaara Rashid Khan was standing near the window, of her husband's house in Agra. She never considered the huge bungalow as her own house, since she knew that just as she could never be Rashid Khan's wife in true sense, this house also never really belonged to her.

 She never considered the huge bungalow as her own house, since she knew that just as she could never be Rashid Khan's wife in true sense, this house also never really belonged to her

She was looking at the moon, and as always, the moon reminded her of only one person- Pratham- the love of her life.

She reminisced about the nights in which both of them used to lie down on the terrace, and spent time by gazing at the moon.

Zaara didn't realize that her husband, Rashid had entered their room. She was preoccupied with her sweetest memories, with which she still cherished her lost love. Rashid looked forlornly at his wife, and he knew whom she was thinking about.