Part 3

Dearest readers, I am extremely grateful to all of you for supporting my work..It keeps me motivated..Thanks to all who have voted and commented

__________________________

Swara, Lakshya and Kavita followed Sanskaar as he began to climb the staircase which led upstairs.

Actually Sanskaar would have refused, but something about this girl Swara, was forcing himself to oblige. He knew that he wouldn't apologize for the way he behaved with her. The word "sorry" had been deleted from Sanskaar Maheshwari's dictionary, a long time ago. But somehow he wanted to make up to this particular girl, which was why he chose to accompany them.

As they walked along a vast open corridor, lined with columns of pillars carved with intricate designs, they looked down and saw an open central courtyard in the ground floor. Then, they arrived at a hallway with walls decorated with artful frescos.

When she saw huge arched glass windows made with multi coloured glass mosaics, Swara gasped audibly

When she saw huge arched glass windows made with multi coloured glass mosaics, Swara gasped audibly. Sanskaar couldn't help glancing at her as she placed a hand on Lakshya's shoulder.

Sw: Wow, Lakshya..It's amazing..Isn't it..?!

Involuntarily, her eyes changed direction and glanced at Sanskaar, and they widened with surprise as she saw him staring at her. She pulled away her gaze in a jiffy and acted as if she was interested in the architecture of a nearby archway.

Sanskaar blinked and he too looked away, unable to understand what was happening to him.

La: Mr. Maheshwari..How many rooms are there in this haveli..?

Sa: Well, we have over 85 rooms in total..

Ka: Sanskaar..Can you please show us inside any of the rooms..?

Sanskaar turned towards a nearby wooden door, which had intricate designs carved into it. He unlocked the door and opened it. The interior of the room was also embellished with fine mirror work and ivory. It was a fully furnished bed chamber with the glorious coloured glass windows. Swara's eyes travelled around the room and this time she deliberately hid her excitement, afraid that Mr. Maheshwari would again look at her.

**************************

The haveli had numerous corridors and balconies, courtyards and terraces. Sanskaar took them around each and every corner of the haveli and the other three were more than impressed with the architecture and craftsmanship of the ancient Rajasthanis.

When they finally arrived back into the downstairs drawing room, from where they had started the tour, it was already past 2.30 p.m. Kavita went off towards the kitchen to see if the cooking staff had prepared their lunch and Lakshya too went outside to receive a phone call. Now it was only Sanskaar and Swara in the hall and in order to maintain a safe distance from him, Swara moved towards the opposite wall, as if she wanted to admire a mural painting. But his mere presence in the same room with her, was exuding invisible waves of an unnaturally strong force, and she could feel its intensity.