Part 9

Hello friends, I am back again with yet another update..Thank you so much for voting and supporting..Love you all..
__________________________

Thus, Lakshya and Swara returned to the Sangeet party. Sanskaar was heartbroken when he saw them walk along the aisle, talking merrily with each other and Swara giggling happily. He was quite sure that Lakshya had accepted her proposal, and he looked away, unable to watch them together. Swara was careful enough not to look towards Sanskaar's and Kavita's direction. She was afraid to face Kavita's wrath again.

Later, after all the performances, every one changed into their own dresses, from the dressing rooms. Swara changed into a black net sari which had a dark maroon coloured plain satin border with thin silver edges, and she wore it in one layer (i.e., without pleating the pallu into many layers). Along with it she wore a sleeveless blouse; it was dark maroon in colour, full of mirror work and traditional thread work embroidery.

She set her hair in loose curls and let it down to the front along her left side shoulder. Suddenly she remembered the way Sanskaar had loosened her chignon hairstyle and the way he styled her hair like this, the previous night. Thoughts about that incident brought fresh shivers of anticipation along her body.

A grand banquet dinner was served afterwards. When she entered the party area, Swara's eyes began searching for Sanskaar, rather unintentionally. And then she saw him dining along with Kavita, Uttara and Karan, all of them cozily sitting around a round table, quite far away from where Swara stood. And at the same instant, Sanskaar looked up and glanced towards her direction, as if he could feel her eyes upon him, even from that much distance. Their eyes locked for a brief moment, and Swara was mesmerised by the way he looked in that maroon tuxedo, with black satin lapels and crisp white shirt.

Sanskaar's eyes hooded with desire when he saw her in that black net saree, her every curve visible through the sheer material. Swara almost gasped when she saw the look in his eyes, but right at the same time, Kavita looped her arm into his and his attention turned towards his fiancée. Swara felt a strange feeling of resentment course through her, when she saw him talking to Kavita.

Right then, Lakshya approached her from behind and gently placed his hand upon her shoulder. Swara turned towards him and she felt relieved when she saw him.

La: Wow, Swara..Saree an all, huh.. You are looking awesome..! (links his arm into hers) Shall we..?

Sw: (smiles wide) Thank you Lakshya..let's go and have some food..

Kavita was watching them with a contented look. She glanced at Sanskaar and remarked quite casually.

Ka: They make a nice couple, right..?

Sanskaar looked up from his food and frowned at her, unable to guess whom she was talking about.

Ka: Look..Over there..Swara and Lakshya..I think they are in love..

A livid look crossed his face when he saw the couple and he was quick to mask his expression. He turned to Kavita with a plain uninterested look.

Sa: Kavita..You very well know that I am not interested in these kinds of gossips..

Kavita pouted childishly, but Uttara supported her, instantly.

Ut: Hmm..You are right, Kavita..It looks like they are very much in love..

Ka: (excitedly) Isn't it..?!

Ut: But bhaiyya..I forgot to say one thing..That Veer-Zaara performance was just out of the world..!! I didn't know you were this much talented..! And Swara also performed really well..Isn't it, Karan..?