Part 14

Thank you my dearest readers for your votes and comments

Love you all..

_______________________

Before Swara could tell anything, Lakshya interrupted.

La: Err..Papa, Shekhar uncle, please listen to me..Being a dreamy girl as Swara is, she might have mistook that affection she felt for me as love..And after she met Sanskaar bhaiyya from Udaipur, she fell in real love..But this crazy girl did not realize it and was going to marry me..!

She:(frowns) But..

La: And I know that Sanskaar bhaiyya too loves her very much..And trust me, I really don't think that I and Swara getting married was a very good idea, after all..My heart was not there in this relationship..

Ram Prasad placed his hand upon his friend's shoulder, with a disappointed look on his face.

Rm: It's ok Shekhar..I guess, this was meant to be..That is why all this happened like this..But I didn't expect our kids to be this much frivolous, to take their life's decisions too lightly like this..

Swara, who was quiet till now, decided to talk, right then.

Sw: Papa, Ram uncle, I want to talk to you both..

Ram Prasad and Shekhar looked at each other and nodded at her, to continue.

Sw: First of all I want to say that I never ever wanted to hurt you all..I know, I was wrong in telling you all that I wanted to get married to Lakshya..I should have talked with him first about this..And I was not at all sure about what I felt for Sanskaar till now..I had always seen him as Kavita's fiancé and I kept labelling my feelings for him as mere infatuation..Whereas what I felt for him was real love and what I felt for Lakshya was pure affection..It took a while for me to realize this, and I dragged you all into this mess, by announcing to you that I wanted to get married to Lakshya..In fact, after seeing Sanskaar yesterday, when he asked me about what my heart really wanted, I realized that my heart was with him. When he asked me if he should talk about this to you all, I refused, thinking that it will be a shock to all of you and an insult in front of all the guests and relatives as well..So I told Sanskaar that we would tell everything to you all after the function is over and after all guests have left..

Sanskaar decided that he should intervene at that point of time.

Sa: Yesterday I told Swara that my engagement with Kavita got cancelled and it was then that Swara agreed for our relation. She was apprehensive till now, about the fact that she might break Kavita's heart if she accepted my proposal..As Ram uncle said, all this had to happen this way..Its none of our mistake, only the circumstances were like that..

Just then, Annapurna came forward and spoke.

An: It's good thing Sanskaar, that you chose Swara over Kavita..That girl just broke off the relation saying that she wanted to pursue her higher studies in London..

Sa: No Maa..Kavita didn't back off from our relation..I did..If I don't tell you the truth at least now, I can never be able to forgive myself..

An: (shocked) What are you telling, Sanskaar..?

Sa: (places his hands on her shoulders) I know..It is hard for you to believe..I had accepted her as your choice for me, Maa, and I was happy as well..The feeling of love was unknown to me till I met Swara and I was surprised by the strength of that powerful force which hit me every time I saw her..My heart broke again and again, seeing her reject me while I tried my level best to woo her, to make her feel that I wanted to get married to her and not Kavita..But Swara cared about Kavita and so she didn't pay heed to her feelings which she felt for me..But after Swara left Udaipur after the wedding, and I came back to Kolkata, I realized that I could never see Kavita or anyone else as my wife, in place of Swara..I tried explaining things to Kavita and she decided to back off from the relation and help me out..She is an angel, Maa..!