Part 13

I know that you all are wondering/guessing what might have happened earlier. Let me take you all back to the previous evening.

#########FLASHBACK########

Previous evening,

After meeting with Annapurna and Sanskaar in the Gadodia's apartment, Lakshya had come straight to his room.

La: Oh god...Tomorrow is our engagement and I am feeling extremely unsure about this wedding..(desperate tone) I just can't imagine her as my wife, damn it..!! More over all these guests and the additional noise in the house is getting into my head (looks around feeling restless) Ok, let me go to the terrace and get some fresh air, may be it will help..

Lakshya came up towards the terrace, and he was shocked when he saw the scene in front of his eyes. Ragini was standing on top of the parapet wall, as if she was going to attempt suicide.

Afraid that calling out her name aloud would startle her and make her fall off, he approached her cautiously. Grabbing around her waist, he pulled her down from the wall in a swift and calculated move.

Before Ragini could realize what was happening, a hard slap fell across her face.

La: (after slapping her, grabs her shoulders gruffly and shakes her body angrily) How dare you attempt something foolish as this, Ragini..!!

Ragini clutched her face with her palm, and stared at him in shock for a moment, unable to say or do anything else. Slowly tears filled inside her beautiful eyes and she cried out his name in a chocked voice.

Ra: Lakshya..?!

La: (demanding tone) You were trying to commit suicide, right Ragini..?!!(shouts)WHY..?!!

Ra: (fumbles for words, in shock) Lakshya.....I....(clasps her mouth with her palm, in shock, then blurts out) I am sorry..!!

She then began to cry and Lakshya was at a loss of words, seeing her in such a vulnerable condition. He raised his palm and touched her cheek where he had slapped her, and gently moved her face to look up into his eyes.

La: (uncertainly) Raginii..what happened..? please tell me..

One look at his concerned face, made her forget all her worries and troubles, and she moved forward and embraced him with all her love.

Ra: (whispers frantically) Lakshya, I love you..!! (sobs and sighs) I have always loved you..! (suddenly hugs him tight and starts to sob hysterically)

For a moment, Lakshya was shocked again and he couldn't react. But then, catching hold of her shoulders, he forcefully distanced her from him to look into her eyes.

La: (shouts out in fury) What the hell are you saying, Ragini..?! I am going to get engaged with Swara tomorrow..!!

Ragini shook her head in distress and then grabbed his shoulders possessively.

Ra: (sobbing harder, in a crying voice) I know, Lakshya..I was trying to accept this truth for the past three weeks....(sobbing) For Swara's happiness, your happiness..I tried a lot to forget you and try to move on from what I always felt for you..But.. (shakes her head and sobs harder) But..(looks away and let out a demented wail)

La: (shouts)But whaaatt..?!!

Ra: (between sobs, says with great difficulty) Today I realized that its not easy to move on, to forget you, Lakshya....!! (shakes her head, hysterically and sobs) I can't even think about someone else..