Part 7

Thank you so much my dear readers for voting for this story..

Love you all..Please keep supporting me like this, always..

__________________________________________________

Swara was taken aback hearing his sharp question. She fumbled for an answer.

Sw: Huh..I..

Sanskaar knew that he just caught her off guard and he let her evade his question easily.

Sa: It's ok Swara, leave it..Let me answer your question..You wanted to know whether I am happy after the party, right..? (looks at her intently)

Swara looked at him with her innocent eyes and nodded, rather meekly.

Sa: Well, yes..! I am very happy..(nods pleasantly with a serious smile)....But, Swaraa..

Sw: But what, Mr. Maheshwari..? (blinks uncertainly)

But at that very moment, Lakshya interrupted them.

La: Excuse me, Mr.Maheshwari..We have done all the necessary arrangements for tomorrow's Haldi ceremony.

Sa: Well..that's great, Lakshya..!(smiles politely)

Lakshya looked at Swara and smiled.

La: So then..Shall we leave, Swara..? Goodnight, Mr.Maheshwari..

Sa: (nods)Goodnight, Lakshya..

Sanskaar glanced at Swara, trying to convey a message, 'do you really want to go with him now..?'. But Swara's face was blank and she didn't want to embarrass Lakshya by disobeying his suggestion. Sanskaar got her message and he simply said,

Sa: Goodnight, Swara..(without a smile)

Sw: Err..Goodnight..(tries to smile)

But he walked away arrogantly, even before she could smile at him. Swara looked at his retreating figure with a feeling of loss.

La: Swaraa..

Sw: (startled) Yes..

La: Come, let's go..

*****************************

Uttara's and Karan's haldi ceremony started off gracefully. The turmeric mix or the 'uptan' was to be applied on their faces, arms, forearms, knees and their feet by their closest family members, relatives and friends. Swara and Lakshya were standing in a corner watching the proceedings. Swara was wearing a simple anarkali, in yellow colour, with bead work border along the hemline and the edges of her dupatta. Swara noticed with pain that Sanskaar was not even paying any attention to her. She knew that he was angry at her from the previous night and she was feeling really desperate to gain his attention again.

Swara noticed with interest that Sanskaar was looking really handsome in his mango yellow silk kurta with white dhoti. She watched him as he went forward towards Uttara to apply haldi on her. He was smiling wide as he started applying the uptan and Uttara was smiling at him with real joy and affection. A happy smile appeared upon Swara's lips when she saw him smile; she always loved his smile. And when Sanskaar turned around after his turn, his eyes fell upon Swara who was smiling at him. He noted that she was looking really beautiful in that simple traditional outfit and his intent gaze lingered upon her for a moment longer. Swara noticed the intensity in his attractive eyes and her smile faded away, replaced by a look of intense longing. Sanskaar looked away instantly and Swara felt really bad.

Before the ceremony was over, Sanskaar left the room and Swara followed Sanskaar. He was walking very much quickly and she had to half walk and half run to catch up with him. As he reached the drawing room, she was at an audible distance from him.