Part 11

Friends, I want to thank all of my dear readers who have always voted for my updates and supported me with lots of love..

______________________

Annapurna and the Rajputs were watching their children with love filled eyes and the hall was filled with beautifully dressed guests.

Once they reached the "mandap", it was time for the "Jaimala" ritual. Uttara and Karan exchanged the garlands and they sat down in front of the sacred fire.

Then the priest asked who was going to do the "Kanyadaan". Annapurna looked at Sanskaar and gestured him to move forward. Both of them had tears in their eyes, as they were full of mixed feelings of joy and sadness. Joy, that it was Uttara's wedding and sadness, since she was going away to a different household.

Seeing Sanskaar sad, Swara too felt her eyes getting wet. She wiped her tears as she watched him handing over his sister's hand into Karan's hand, with so many emotions. For once, Sanskaar Maheshwari failed in masking his feelings in front of everyone.

It was time for the "saat phera" ritual and Annapurna asked Kavita to tie the end of the scarf worn by the groom to the end of the 'dupatta' worn by the bride.

At that time while everyone's eyes were on the couple who had got up for the seven rounds around the fire, and only Swara was the one who noticed Sanskaar slip away from the venue. Without thinking, she too began to follow his trail.

As he reached a deserted corridor which was decorated with festive lighting, he stopped and let out his tears. Placing a hand on a nearby pillar for support, he held his face into his other palm and wept softly. Even though, he was facing the other way, she could see that he was crying.

Seeing him cry like that, Swara could feel her heart constrict with pain. She moved forward and called out his name softly.

Sw: Mr.Maheshwari..

Hearing her voice, Sanskaar hastily wiped off his tears. He took out his mobile and acted as if he was dialing someone's number. He placed it on his ear and pretended to listen to the dial tone.

Sw: Mr.Maheshwari..

This time, he turned around to face her while composing himself, with the mobile still placed over his ear.

Sa: (sniffs) Yes, Swara..

Sw: (softly) Are you ok..?

Sa: Of course I am..(looks away and sniffs) I just came to..(shows her his mobile) call someone..

She was looking into his eyes intently.

Sw: (softly) It's ok..I saw you cry..

Sanskaar let out a sigh and looked at Swara and nodded that she was right. Swara looked at his cheeks which were still wet and then looked into his eyes. Once again, she was lost in his molten dark chocolate eyes; they had a glassy glow, owing to their wetness and the festive lighting which illuminated the corridor. Sanskaar was also looking into her eyes and he could see the tears which shone in them.

As if in a daze, she raised one of her hands. Sanskaar was surprised at the softness with which her palm touched his cheek. He looked down and glanced sideways at her hand as she wiped the wetness on his cheek and his gaze followed as she softly wiped the other cheek too.

A slow smile appeared upon his face and Swara too smiled at him through her tearful eyes. In the next instant, he placed his arms around her and pulled her to him into a warm embrace.

Sa: Thank you, Swara..for making me feel better..

Sw: Hmm..

Swara was overwhelmed with emotions and she too placed her arms around him and smiled onto his chest. A few seconds passed like that in contentment and both of them didn't feel like breaking the hug.