Part 6

I want to thank you all for supporting my story dears..Love you all for voting and commenting..

Silent readers please do vote for this story..Hope you will show your love though that..

_______________________________________________________

All through the dinner, Swara was extremely conscious with Sanskaar's presence and so she avoided looking at him. She just tried to concentrate hard on the conversation going on around the table, instead.

But she was strongly aware of his gaze upon her all the time.

Even Sanskaar began to get a bit annoyed with Swara for avoiding him so much. But he was Sanskaar Maheshwari and he definitely knew how to get her attention.

Sa: Swara..

The sound of his deep voice, caught her off guard and she turned towards him with a shocked expression. His eyes gleamed with a look of pure satisfaction and Swara was the only one to notice it. She masked her initial shock instantly and with an air of confidence, she asked,

Sw: Yes, Mr. Maheshwari..

Sa: Could you please pass the kachoris..

Swara, who was expecting some serious bit of conversation was clearly baffled.

Sw: Huh..!!

Sa: (confidently ) Kachoris..Swaraa..

Sw: Ohh.. sure..!

Swara took the dish and passed it to him, meekly. But when she tried to look at him, he avoided looking at her and she felt disappointed. And so she took her eyes off his face, rather reluctantly which was why she didn't notice a victorious smile on his face.

******************

Later it was time for all of them to sleep, Kavita, Uttara and Annapurna retired to their respective rooms. Sanskaar mumbled that he had to finish some more work and left for his Study room. Lakshya and Swara went off to meet the caterers to discuss something about the food items which were to be served on the next day.

Afterwards, Lakshya went off towards his bedroom and Swara towards hers. While she was about to cross the drawing room, she saw Sanskaar. He was walking along the long corridor leading to the front door and she felt curious about where he was going.

Sw: Where is Mr.Maheshwari headed to..? And that too, at this hour of the night..!

She hurried after him, being drawn like a moth to flame.

Sw: Mr. Maheshwari..!

Sanskaar stopped in his tracks, hearing her voice. He turned and looked at her with a frown.

Sa: What is it, Swara..?

Swara gazed at him with her eyes which were big with curiosity.

Sw: (panting) Where are you going..?

Sa: (seriously) And why should I tell you that..?!

Swara was taken aback by his question. This was not the friendly Sanskaar, she abruptly realized. This was the Sanskaar whom she had met when she came to this haveli for the first time; the same Sanskaar, who had scared her off with his rude remarks. She blinked uncertainly, but didn't back away this time.

Sw: Sorry..I asked out of curiosity..

Sanskaar smiled at her honest answer and she was happy to see his smile back.

Sa: I am going out for a walk..I love strolling in the moonlight..And today is a full moon night..

The words were out of her mouth even before she realized.