Part 5

I want to thank each of my dear readers for voting and commenting..
Love you all..
_________________________

Mumbai

That night, after dinner, Swara was in her bedroom, explaining the eve-teaser incident to Ragini. Swara had asked Lakshya not to tell anything to her parents or his parents. So she couldn't share it with Ragini earlier, when she had arrived home. Swara just informed her parents, Sharmishta and Shekhar that she had to wait for a taxi for quite some time and they really believed her.

And now after hearing everything, Ragini was really worried.

Ra: Thank god, Swara..nothing bad happened..!! (cups Swara's face)

Sw: (touches Ragini's hands) Yes, Ragini..(looks away, with relief)

Ra: (puts her arm around Swara) And Mr. Maheshwari arrived there on time, like a guardian angel..!"

Swara smiled at her sister's words and nodded, but didn't say anything. She was thinking about him, his magnetic eyes, and the way she had felt secure inside his arms. She hadn't told anything to Ragini or Lakshya about their hug, and she wondered why.
**************
Sanskaar entered into his hotel room, after their dinner together. Kavita and Uttara shared the room next to his.

He changed into his night wear and then walked towards the balcony for a breath of fresh air. Swara's closeness with Lakshya still suffocated him. He was disturbed all through his dinner and thankfully neither Kavita nor Uttara had noticed it. But deep inside, he knew that it was because, his face never showed his emotions. He had been successful in masking his expressions, ever since the death of his beloved father, Durgaprasad Maheshwari. That was 10 years ago. At that time, his mother had wanted him to be so much strong, too much competent and always successful in his life, and so he just set himself into the mould, which she had prepared for him.

Sanskaar had always wondered, if his life would have been the same, if his father was still alive. The transformation from a fun-loving 18 year old boy to a sharp-focused businessman, was not easy. It had cost him so much -- his friendships, his cheerfulness, simple joys such as going out for movies, road-trips, partying and much more. Even if his attitude was casual towards life in his teenage, he had always wanted to assist his father in his business.

He was proud of his father, in every way, but he was unprepared for his father's untimely demise. And then it was time to step inside his father's shoes -- to be the master of the Maheshwari empire, and he knew he should become like his father, in every possible way.

He knew that his father would be proud of him now. But was he proud of himself, he wondered now as he stood near the railing of the balcony, gazing outside.

And when he gazed up at the moon, suddenly he felt Swara's presence near him. He looked sideways, feeling cheerful, expecting to see her. But she was not there, and now he realized what he had longed for since childhood, while looking at the moon. He realized, he had been waiting for her -- Swara, all his life.
*********************
Swara was standing in the balcony of her bedroom, alone. Ragini left only some minutes before and Swara loved the feel of night breeze around her body. Slowly, she raised her face towards the moon and suddenly she had a strange feeling as if Sanskaar Maheshwari was beside her. She closed her eyes and she had a vision. She was lying on the cemented ground, of a terrace, and Sanskaar was lying beside her. They were holding hands and were gazing at the moon, together.

Swara opened her eyes in a jiffy and was surprised at her hallucination. The terrace felt strangely familiar, but she was sure she had never seen that place here in Mumbai. And what surprised her was this Sanskaar was so young, he was only around 18 years old.