Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Yo, are these mikes even working?" asked Omar with a laugh.

"What if we talk, and the whole video is us moving our lips... without any sound...or better yet... why don't Jamal and Harun talk and we can make it look like it's our voices," he laughed some more as he fixed his small mike on his blue shirt.

"Can you stop being an idiot for a second. Your wasting time and Aisha is going to come here and find out about everything," sighed Hamza giving his older brother a look of warning.

Omar shrugged pushing his black hair back from his face with a wide smile.

"It's alright, I can handle that little pixie. We can tie her up and she won't be able to escape. Problem solved," he replied matter of factly causing Harun to laugh in the back.

Aisha found herself laughing as she watched. She didn't realize she was crying too.

"I swear your an idiot...do you know how resourceful that pixie can be?" lectured Hamza but he had a smirk on his face as well. 

And that smirk ...was a warning sign, that he was about to come up with a scary bet or prank. It was best to start running. 

"Oh, ya...then let's get this done. Jamal is the camera on?" asked Omar with another laugh.

"It's been on..." Sighed Jamal from the back.

With a shake of his head, Hamza faced the camera with a smile.

"Asalamu Alaykum everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed  Ramadan. May Allah accept our fasts, prayers, and dua's," began Hamza a charming smile on his face.

"Hopefully by now, it is Eid. And though we won't be there to share in the festivities, know that you all are in our hearts. And we plan to make Dua for you all from Mekkah," added Omar still a wide smile on his face, but he looked more serious now.

"And... as we thought about what kind of presents to give you all, we decided to make dua," said Hamza.

"A dua you all should be familiar with by now. It is the Witr Dua you will have heard it during the Taraweeh prayer," continued Omar.

"We will take turns to recite it, We will recite the English version. The one most of us are familiar with, beautifully done and translated by brother Ammar Alshukray. I hope you all will join us in making this dua," said Hamza glancing at his brother to see if he was ready.

And then they began, and the floodgates in Aisha's eyes were opened.

Omar took a deep breath and began, closing his eyes.

"Oh Allah guide us amongst those you have guided, And grant us health amongst those you've granted health to, And protect us amongst those you have protected, And bless us in what has been given to us by you, And protect us from any evil you've decreed, For you decree in truth, and none can decree over you," recited Omar with such a deep soothing voice that Aisha couldn't help but watch completely speechless.

"None can disgrace who you support, and none can honor who you oppose, You are the blessed and the exalted. Oh, Allah, to you belongs all praise. You are the lord of the heavens and earth and what is between them, so to you is thanks and praise. You are the light of the heavens and earth so to you is thanks and praise you are the maintainer of the heavens and earth so to you is thanks and praise," continued Hamzaa.

A smile began to form on Aisha's face. Though both their voices were nice, Hamzaa was the one with the more melodic voice. She used to spend hours doing her homework in his room when he was memorizing the Quran. She enjoyed listening to him and her family had encouraged him to become a Qari.