18. Greyscale

__________________________________

You stare at the dark colored table in front of you—but you really aren't. Only now do you take notice of Hoseok's appearance. He's wearing a pale light brown hooded long coat over blue jeans and black boots. It was more fashionable than your hoodie and sweats.

The bites you had left on him had long scarred over, so there was no need for bandages. You try to turn away before he can even realize you're staring, but it's a challenge. How can someone be so beautiful just by focusing on his computer? You broke your stare just as he takes a breath to speak.

"Y/N, can you check if you got a document I just sent? It's just the updated ccl--since apparently I'll be singing." Hoseok spoke with a half smile.

You nodded frantically as you pull out your phone.

As you do, you see Hoseok pulling off his coat and your mind completely derails. You're watching him do it, and notice that he's wearing a black long sleeve shirt that fit him. It wasn't tight, but it was just so in all the right places. The thing was made of some thin enough material to just barely pool against his skin. You could see the shape of his arms perfectly.

He rolled his sleeves up, and you try not to freak out about how sexy that was. You were focusing on him as he focuses on the screen again.

Catching yourself, you turn away. A hundred beats per second, your heart tries to kill you. You shakily try to remember why you're grabbing for your phone. For seconds you linger your thumbs over the device's screen as you search for what you were doing.

"Did you get it?" Hoseok's voice thankfully answered that question.

"Um.." You clicked onto your email app, and there's bad connection, so it's not loading, "Phone's being slow."

After a few more seconds of quiet, you kept retrying, but you were impatient.

"I guess I'll play it and you sing your parts?" Hoseok asked. "You could look up the lyrics from my screen."

You nod nervously then Hoseok gets ready to play the audio. He turns the screen to face you, too, and pulls his chair closer to the corner of the table--hence closer to you.

You try to ignore how fast your heart was still beating and how your lungs started to fail at what they were made to do. You looked at the screen.

It was your part first, so you take a breath as you try to calm down. You knew already from the get go that you were going to have little air to work with. You nod for Hoseok to play it, then sing your best with what you had, "I can't beat my sad heart
again I'm enduring the dark and sleepless nights.."