4. Fights and Feelings

The next morning Rey walked down the long corridors towards the prisoner's cells. As she turned a corner she bumped into someone causing her to fall to the ground.

"Ow." She said sitting up only to see Poe Dameron had also been knocked over.

"Oh sorry Rey I didn't see you there." Poe said standing and helping Rey to her feet. He gave her one of his charming smiles that made Rey weak at the knees.

"No no it's fine I wasn't paying attention." Rey said with a slight laugh not being able to stop herself from staring at him the way his dark eyes almost shone and his dark hair was always scruffy looking. Whenever she spoke to him she felt butterflies in her stomach. But it was ridiculous probably only a silly crush she would say to herself.

"Umm Rey?" Poe said snapping her out of her daydream.

"Oh sorry what were you saying?" She said awkwardly.

"I asked where you were going." Poe said smiling at her.

"Oh I was just walking." Rey said casually not wanting him to know where she was off to.

"Right.." Poe said suspiciously, "Well I best be going, I guess I'll see you around later." He continued turning leave.

Rey smiled at him, "Yeah I'll see you later." And with that she continued to walk down the long halls.

Eventually she reached Ben's cell. There was a large window facing into the hallway and to the side round a small corner a large metal door so there was no way to escape, a rebel was guarding the door as well.

Rey looked into the cell where Ben Solo sat in the stone bench inside looking at the floor. She attempted to try and talk to him through the force, but had no luck. Then she realised, the cuff around his wrist stopped him from using the force. "Damn it." She said to herself before walking towards the guard.

"I wish to the see the prisoner." Rey said very formally.

"I am afraid no one is to see him until the General says so." The guard said not losing focus on his holopad.

"I have been sent to guard the prisoner." Rey replied crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah right, bet a small girl like you wouldn't last a second against someone like him." The guard said with a laugh.

"Excuse me?" Rey said angrily.

"Move along now." He said impatiently. Rey turned round the small corner away from the rebel guard. She stood up to the window where she looked at Ben who was standing on the other side. She smiled at him. He smiled back.

Turning to leave she stopped, she had no where better to be she may as well stay. Rey sat down in front of the glass and Ben did the same.  For a few minutes they just stared at each other.

Rey looked at Ben Solo, analysing him. His dark eyes and raven black hair. Ben Solo was a good looking man, but what was she thinking? This was Ben Solo she was talking about a man who had murdered so many innocent people including his own father.

Had he really changed? Was the man who was Kylo Ren truly dead? Rey could feel the darkness within him as well as the light. Ben had wanted power, if that were still true would he not still be with the first order? Surely he didn't want that anymore, but why would he join the resistance? Perhaps it was to redeem himself, or maybe he just wanted to return home.

Rey was snapped back to reality when she noticed Ben raising his hand and pressing it against the glass. Slowly she raised her own hand and pressed it onto the glass. If it wasn't there they would be touching hands. As soon as she placed her hand down she could feel yet again the connection between them, the force pulling them together.