a kiss

VII:

"a kiss"

°• ♔ •°

[ comment & vote, don't be a quiet reader! ]

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"this is already a bad idea, why did i agree again?" millie asked, walking in the grass of a campsite nearby her house.

"because you need to loosen up and start acting like yourself! also i want to see caleb," sadie stated proudly.

millie sighed, she hated the typical high school parties; drinking, games, bad djs, and make-out sessions.

"you might meet someone too, you never know!" sadie chimed.

it's been a week since everything happened.

noah was in school every day, he struggled to pay attention to academics.

sadie went home after five days of staying with millie, her mom was accepting of her sexuality but her father would never bring it up.

millie was fine.

at least that's what she said.

she was slipping under at school, sleeping in class, and forgetting to do simple things.

she still didn't feel like herself and wanted her life to be back on track again.

and finn, well, he was going off the grid.

he slept with iris a lot, drinking and smoking, pushing people away.

he hasn't talked to anyone besides ayla, malcolm, and jack since the death of his brother, that includes ignoring his parents.

sadie opened the door of a wood cabin to loud music and people clustered everywhere their eyes met.

millie groaned as it was exactly how she pictured, sadie dragged her inside.

"i'm not feeling it tonight," she said, and removed herself from the situation, walking back out the front door.

she made her way outside to the back of the cabin, where other people resided.

a couple was making out on the hammock, as a group settled around a bonfire.

millie found herself laying on the grass out to the side, looking up at the stars.