sleepy

XII:

"sleepy"

°• ♔ •°

[ comment & vote, don't be a quiet reader! ]

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

the brown sisters were hugging as they sat on the couch, millie wouldn't tell ava about the phone call from their mom.

"i'm going to use the bathroom for a sec, okay?" millie spoke quietly receiving a nod and dragged sadie along with her.

closing the door before she started talking, she locked it.

"do you have any idea what's going on?" millie asked her friend, a little panicked but wouldn't show it.

"i mean the whole town is on lockdown, it can't be good," she replied, holding millie's hand.

"your mom will be fine, we just gotta stay calm," sadie reassured, giving a tight little hug to comfort her.

"c'mon, everything will be fine," sadie unlocked the door.

ava was mesmerized by her favorite cartoon in the living room, as millie, sadie, and sadie's mother were gathered around a small tv on the kitchen counter.

a bright red screen titled breaking news was streamed across the screen, a news reporter appeared shortly after.

"just in, a strange number is texting a bunch of females "i need a girl like you," and we aren't sure if it's relating to the latest pop song or a strange type of hit list."

millie recalled the lyric from one of her favorite songs, she had never gotten any text, and to her knowledge, nobody else she knew has.

"wait, a hit list?" sadie whispered with fear underlying her voice.

"although it seems there's no specific target for this shooter, we're digging down deep into what this could mean."

a large lump formed in their throats, someone was here for revenge.

"school districts will resume normally with high-security officers starting next week until we catch whoever is in the heat of this crime. the world has sadly come to this. sandra, back to you."

millie took a deep breath in and walked upstairs to the bathroom, slamming the door shut, sitting on the tile floor.

"i'm sorry millie... i'm sure everything will be okay," sadie spoke softly through the door.