Call on me, part 25

Fletchs pov:
I got home and it was 5:10.
Evie had got Ella, Emma and Theo into their pyjamas. Mikey was upstairs playing Xbox. And Evie was sitting eating toast on the sofa.
"Grandmas cooking dinner." I laugh, stealing a piece of her toast. She gasps comedically and finishes her slice.
"Grandad said he'd look after us tomorrow night if your staying with Jac again."Evie said, starting her second slice of toast.
I took a bite of mine and thought for a minute.
"But I haven't been home in a few days?" I say, feeling guilty.
"Me and Mikey both agreed that we'd prefer to put your mind at rest and let you stay with Jac for as long as you can." She smiled.
"You sure?"I ask.
"We're sure Dad." She smiles. I nod and kiss her head and then go upstairs to see Ella and Emma and Theo. Emma and Ella are playing dress up and Theo was watching. I kissed and cuddled them all and then let them get on with it.
Just as I was leaving the room, Emma says,"Daddy, is Mummy dying?"
I turn around and scoop up Emma.
"Of course not, Emma. She's getting better."i say, hugging her tightly. She nods silently and I let her down to play. Then I go next door to Mikey.
"Hey champ."I say, sitting on his bed. He takes his headset off and pauses his game.
"Hey dad. Are you going to Jac?" He asks.
"Yeah. Is that okay mate?" I say,  ruffling his brown hair.
"Yeah. Is she okay?" He asks anxiously.
"Yeah."i say. His face looks relieved.
"Has it been worrying you too?" I ask, pulling him into a hug.
"Yeah. Me, Ella, Emma and Evie are really worried. Theo doesn't really understand. He keeps asking 'where's Jacula?' though."he admits.
Since Jac lived with us most of the time, her absence had taken a huge toll on the kids.
"Can I ask you something Mikey?" I asked him.
"Of course Dad." He said, pulling out of the hug and sitting on his chair across from me.
"If I asked Jac to live with us permanently, would that be okay?" I asked him.
His checks rose a little, and he beamed a smile.
"Yeah! Me and Evie and Emma and Ella were talking about it the other day! We want her and Emma to move in." He says, his eyes sparkling.
"So, shall I ask her tonight?" I ask.
"Yes Dad!" He says excitedly.
I stand up and gesture to his computer.
"Go back to your game then. I'll see you tomorrow."I say and leave his room.
I go downstairs and see my mums there. I give her a quick kiss, shout bye up the stairs to the kids and kiss Evie goodbye and then jump in the car.
I was at Holby in 15 minutes. I rushed up to Darwin and into Jacs room.
"I need to ask you something."I say, kind of excitedly.
She looks up at me, tucking her ginger hair behind her ear.
"Yeah?" She smiles at me.
"Will you move in with me? Permanently?" I ask nervously.
This was it, Fletcher. This was potentially the first day of the rest of your life. If she said yes, this would change your life forever.
And then she said it...
"Yes."