f i v e

C H A P T E R    F I V E

- 2 0 1 6 -
| SEPTEMBER |

| S I M O N E |

-

Simone didn't know how much she missed Tyler until it was time to pick him up. The hockey season has arrived, and Tyler was gone for four days, leaving Simone and the dogs all home alone.

"Alright my babies, I'm going to go and pick up your dad. Behave you two, and if you don't make a mess I'll give you guys a treat, how does that sound?" Simone asks as she kneels down in front of the two labs.

The dogs both bark and jump around with joy at the sound of a treat. Laughing, Simone gets up from the floor and makes her way to the door. Taking one last look at the two dogs, Simone grabs her keys off the small table at the front and walks out the doors.

|

It's ten minutes past the time Tyler said they would would arrive at the airport, and Simone is clearly worried.

"Here, drink this the boys will be here any minute now." Katie says as she sits down beside Simone and hands her some coffee from Starbucks.

"Thanks." Simone sighs out, grabbing the cup of caffeine and chugging half of the cup.

"You miss him, don't you?" Katie asks Simone with a bright grin. Simone scoffs at her best friend, but deep down she knows Katie is right.