o n e

C H A P T E R     O N E

- 2 0 1 6 -

| S I M O N E |

-

The club was packed. Sweaty bodies grind against each other as music blares from speakers. The lights are blinding as they wave around the club, changing colours and movement to the heavy base music.

Simone effortlessly dances along to the song that she doesn't even know. Katie is right by her side as the two dance around to the beat.

"Isn't this a great way to spend your first night in Dallas?!" Katie practically screams, trying to over power the music.

Simone just moved to dallas, so her best friend Katie, who also force Simone to move to Dallas, proposed to go to a club to break her into the city.

"I can't lie, it's pretty great! But Dallas clubs have nothing on New York clubs." Simone smirks as she tries to sip from her glass, but frowns when nothing comes out.

"Want me to grab you a drink?" Katie asks her friend, but Simone shakes her head.

"No, I got it. Maybe I can catch one of those guys in that booth over there." Simone says with a smirk, making Katie roll her eyes.

"Haven't changed one bit, huh?" Katie asks with a grin and Simone's smirk grows.

"Not one bit."

Simone slickly makes her way though the crowd of dancing bodies, mumbling a few sorries here and there. Taking a deep breath of air, Simone finally busts out of the large crowd and up to the bar.

"Can I get a refill please." Simone asks the bartender with a bright smile.

Without hesitation, the man grabs her glass and begins to work on her drink.