e i g h t

C H A P T E R  E I G H T

- 2 0 1 8 -
| TWO HOURS LATER |

| S I M O N E |

-

"YOU GUYS DID WHAT?" Katie calls out as her and Simone sit in their usual cafe.

The Grind Cafe has held many shit talk sessions, it was the first place where Simone met Tyler and Jamie, and many memories over all for the group. The Grind Cafe is the place to be when you're in the need for an amazing cup of coffee, or a good rant. In this case, Katie and Simone decided to head to the Grind for their early morning gossip and coffee before they have to pick up the boys after practice.

"Shut up, you're causing a scene." Simone says as she takes a sip from her latte.

"But-but, Simone! You guys kissed...again!" Katie whisper yells to her best friend.

"Yeah, but it was out of instinct, it didn't mean anything." Simone shrugs casually before taking another sip from the hot drink.

"Orrrr, it was because you both still have feelings for each other?! And the fact that you guys spend every second together doesn't help your case." Katie was quick to reply.

"Katie, we've been through this, Tyler is my best fir-"

Katie shoots Simone a warning look, which caused her to chose her words wisely.

"Tyler is my second best friend, after you of course." Simone says letting out a nervous laugh, which Katie just similes triumphantly.

"We're completely platonic." Simone finalized, and Katie caught on too her best friend's strict tone.

"Okay, whatever you say. But don't say I didn't warn you."