t w o

C H A P T E R  T W O

C H A P T E R T W O

- 2 0 1 6 -

| S I M O N E |

-

"So, when is this Jamie guy coming so I could meet him?" Simone asks taking a bite from her muffin.

Katie and Simone sit in a small cafe in downtown Dallas waiting for Jamie to meet them there.

"He should be here any minute now, but he did say he's bringing his friend along." Katie says making Simone groan.

"You know I don't like people." Simone answers making Katie roll her eyes.

"Simone, Jamie is my boyfriend and I'm pretty sure you'll love him. But as for his friend, please be nice, he's a good guy. And it's good to meet new people, you just moved to Dallas, maybe you guys can be friends." Katie says sipping from her hot chocolate.

"I doubt that, and why are you drinking a hot chocolate? It's summer, it's fucking burning hell outside." Simone says changing the subject.

Katie just ignores her friend, continuing to sip her hot beverage until her man walks through the doors.

"Oh, here they are." Katie says waving towards the entrance of the cafe, where Simone's back is faced to.

Katie is then quick to get up from the table to greet her boyfriend, but Simone stays contently in her seat.

"Hey baby." Katie says hugging Jamie, giving him a quick kiss.

"Hey, babe." Jamie replies with a bright smile.

Simone then decides to be polite and gets up from her seat to turn to the two new guests.