Five.

For the first time in one and a half years, Baekhyun dreamed about high school. He dreamed about the month of September, and the weeks that changed him forever. He dreamed about the boy with auburn curls and ears that cutely stuck out. He dreamed about the boy he cut class with, and had picnics beside the lake with. He dreamed about the boy he could kiss for hours and days without ever wanting to breathe again. He dreamed about the love they shared until the end.

Then the memories started to blur as a familiar street corner filled his mind. He saw that man again standing across the opposite side of the road, who looked so strangely familiar. He seemed taller than he did in Baekhyun's memories and his once unruly auburn curls had been the shade of midnight.

He was a stranger, but at the same time he hadn't felt like one. He felt like so much more.

* * *

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up with the sheets tangled around his legs. He yawned and rolled over in his bed, rubbing his eyes and slowly blinking them open when he smelled cooking bacon.

He frowned and rolled out of bed as he shuffled towards his tiny kitchen. Daehyun was standing at the stove, stirring around something in a pan. He was softly singing to himself and Baekhyun smiled as he admired the view.

He waited a few more moments longer before quietly walking up behind him. Daehyun jumped slightly as Baekhyun wound his arms around his waist and kissed the back of his neck. He grinned and ran his index finger along Daehyun's spine as he teased, "Did I scare you?"

Daehyun chuckled and softly replied, "Hardly."

"Then why'd you jump?" Baekhyun teased.

Daehyun huffed and decided to ignore the question as he asked, "Do you want toast?"

Baekhyun laughed and nodded. "Sure, I'll make it," Baekhyun said as he pulled out two slices of bread and placed them into the toaster. "When did you even get back? I didn't hear you come in last night."

"That's because you were sound sleep," Daehyun replied.

"Makes sense," Baekhyun laughed.

Daehyun smiled and reached out for Baekhyun's hand, kissing the engagement ring as he softly said, "I think we should go out today. What do you think?"

Baekhyun smiled and gently squeezed Daehyun's hand as he replied, "How about after my classes? I have anatomy and a health class, both only an hour each. So how about after?"

Daehyun kissed his cheek. "Perfect, I'll pick you up after class."

Baekhyun only had one more class left before he got to spend the rest of his day with Daehyun. It was something he really need too, he just hadn't realized it until now.

Baekhyun walked leisurely to his antonym class with time to kill. He slipped into the back of the room and claimed an empty desk as other students slowly trickled in. The class began to start and the professor was already five minutes into the day's subject of discussion when someone stumbled into the room.

He was winded from running and he swept his blonde hair back from his forehead as he breathlessly said, "Sorry Professor, for being late."

The professor pursed her lips, and turned to her desk before handing the tardy student the assignment sheet. He accepted it with a small bow and began to walk to an any open table as the professor said, "Mr. Lee, next time you're late to my classroom again, you won't be welcome to participate for that day. Do you understand?"

He nodded and mumbled, "Yes, ma'am," before taking the seat at the only vacant table along side Baekhyun.

Baekhyun had watched him closely as he stood beside the professor, his brow slightly furrowed as he squinted at the new arrival. He looked familiar, but Baekhyun was only absolutely positive when he took the seat beside him. His breathing hitched when the boy pulled out a chair and sat down.

He's the boy from last night! Baekhyun thought. He was with Chanyeol!

Baekhyun gasped and quickly dropped his gaze as he pretended to busily write down notes, and every few seconds he would find himself looking at the boy again, studying him intently with the purse of his lips.

Why was Chanyeol with him? What makes him so special? Baekhyun wondered.

"Okay class, pair up with your table mate," the professor exclaimed.

Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts as he glanced up at his table mate, who was watching him too. Baekhyun nervously swallowed and forced a smile as he said, "Hi, my name's Byun Baekhyun."

His table mate smiled thinly and replied, "Lee Taemin. So Baekhyun, do you mind if I ask what your major is?"

Baekhyun blanched and shook his head as he muttered, "No, I don't mind . . ." Baekhyun trailed off, and after a moment of saying nothing else, Taemin raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Well?" he asked.

Baekhyun blushed and laughed nervously. "Um, the reason is personal, but I'm studying to become a doctor."

"Isn't everyone . . ." Taemin mumbled.

Baekhyun frowned. "What about you?"

"I haven't decided, yet. But I'm very interested in science so I'm taking all the courses I can," Taemin said.

Baekhyun nodded. "Sounds like a lot of work."

"It is," Taemin replied, and that seemed about it for conversation.

Word count: 892

~ 🌸 ~

A/N: Hello, lovelies! Kinda boring, but the excitement will be here faster than you can say 'Chanbaek'! So I hope you all strap in, because this will be (sometimes) much more intense than that of book one, you've been warned. 😊

Anyway, I hope the chapter was enjoyable, and please, don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you! Have an splendid day/night!

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️