Twenty-two.

It's been three days since Baekhyun moved in with Chanyeol and Taemin; three days since his engagement was broken off; three days since he's been avoiding his parents and Sehun's phone calls.

Baekhyun was laying down on Chanyeol's bed tossing a bouncy ball he had found from under Chanyeol's bed into the air as his subconsciousness kept nagging at him to do the right thing; which was to call his family.

He groaned in frustration and threw the ball at the door just as it began to open; he gasped as it grazed pass Chanyeol's right cheek.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," Baekhyun cried as he jumped off the bed. He hurried to Chanyeol's side and cupped his cheeks as he turned his head from side to side checking for injury. Chanyeol chuckled and pulled his hands away as he said, "Baek, I'm fine."

Baekhyun sighed and dropped his hands to his sides. "Sorry, again," he mumbled.

Chanyeol gently touched Baekhyun's cheek as he said, "It's okay, really. But why did you throw the ball, anyway?"

Baekhyun sighed and clasped onto the bed with a huff as he said, "My parents keep calling me . . ."

Chanyeol's brow furrowed. "O-kay . . . Either I'm dumb or I'm missing something, but please explain why that grants you to throwing a bouncy ball at my head?"

"I still haven't told them about Daehyun and I, and obviously Daehyun told his parents which then must have told mine . . ." Baekhyun trailed off and kicked the bed childishly as he whined, "I don't want to explain again! I just want to spend time with you without all the drama! Please! Can't I just have one day?"

Chanyeol sighed and closed the door before settling on the bed; he sympathetically smiled as he caressed the side of Baekhyun's cheek. "I have one more class today, but if you want, we can go somewhere? How does that sound?"

"Where would we go?" Baekhyun mumbled as he lifted his hand to twist strands of Chanyeol's hair between his fingers.

"Wherever you'd like, but it has to be within reason."

Baekhyun chuckled. "So almost anywhere," he muttered with a smile. Chanyeol smiled too. "Hmm.... I really don't want to be anywhere with cell reception or WiFi or people, you being the exception, of course. So . . . how about hiking? Camping? Whichever, really."

"I think I have some sleeping bags . . ." Chanyeol mumbled.

Baekhyun smiled and sat up as he exclaimed, "So, is that a 'yes', then?"

Chanyeol nodded with a small smile. "Yes."

Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly and jumped off the bed as he cried, "Let's start packing!" Chanyeol just laughed in reply.

* * *

It was close to seven in the evening when they both finished their packing, and afterwards, they decided to rest by watching a movie. Baekhyun was sitting on the floor leafing through the DVD's, as Chanyeol occupied himself in the kitchen by making popcorn.

"Hey! What are you in the mood for!" Baekhyun called. "Horror? Romance? Comedy?"

Chanyeol walked into the room juggling popcorn and soda as he replied, "Ah, I don't know, Baek. But I do know if you don't help me with this, I'll drop everything."

Baekhyun hopped up from his crouched position and took the popcorn; setting it on the coffee table before taking a handful and tossing it into his mouth as he said, "I'm just going to randomly pick something . . ."

"Fine with me," Chanyeol said as he popped the tab on his coke.

Baekhyun sighed and bounced onto the couch beside Chanyeol, slipping his arm through Chanyeol's and glancing up at him with big round eyes as he puked his lips. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and ducked his head to kiss him.

Baekhyun pulled back and cried, "No!" causing Chanyeol's eyes to widen in surprise. Then Baekhyun opened his mouth, and Chanyeol humorlessly chuckled before holding the can up to Baekhyun's mouth and slightly tipping it up. "Thanks!"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

Baekhyun gasped as he jumped, the popcorn he had been holding spilling out of the bowl as he screamed; Chanyeol cursed and jumped himself. Then the scene switched over to a girl opening a door, which made both Chanyeol and Baekhyun yell at her to stop and run. The door opened and the serial killer suddenly appeared, causing them to shout at the stupid girl.

They grimaced when she was caught and covered their eyes when they heard her scream; and just then Taemin came shuffling down the hallway.

He had messy hair and his eyes were half closed as he mumbled, "What are you two assholes yelling about? I was trying to sl—-" Taemin caught sight of the TV and gasped before crying, "Holy crap! What are you watching!?"

"I don't know!" Baekhyun cried as he threw a pillow at the TV. "But I do know it's going to give me nightmares!"

Chanyeol snapped the TV off as he exclaimed, "Then I say we stop watching!"

"Agreed!"

Taemin rolled his eyes as he took a seat on the chair. "Ooh, popcorn!" he excitedly muttered as he reached forward to grab a small handful. "So, are you two planning something for tomorrow? You were making a lot of noise earlier . . ."

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you Baek and I have decided to go camping," Chanyeol said as he started to pick up the pieces of popcorn that had spilled out of the bowl when Baekhyun jumped.

"Ooh, okay," Taemin said. "Are you coming back Sunday, then?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Yup! You're planning to leave at five in the morning so we should really get to bed . . . Baek. Baek?" Chanyeol glanced up from the floor at Baekhyun and noticed he had already fallen asleep. Chanyeol smiled and stood up, gently lifting Baekhyun into his arms as he softly muttered, "Good night, Tae. We'll see you Sunday some time."

"See ya," Taemin mumbled as he plopped down onto the couch and pulled the popcorn onto his lap as he switched on the TV; quickly turning off the movie to watch something less violent and horrific.

Chanyeol carefully carried Baekhyun into their room and gently laid him on the bed. He pursed his lips while debating over whether or not he should remove Baekhyun's jeans, then decided that it didn't matter and if Baekhyun killed him in the morning, than so be it. He discarded Baekhyun's jeans onto the floor and slipped his shirt off, replacing it with one of his own. Then satisfied, Chanyeol pulled the blanket up to Baekhyun's chin and kissed his forehead before changing into something more comfortable for himself.

Once he was nice and cozy, he slipped back into bed and pulled the covers across his waist before securely wrapping his arms around Baekhyun's waist and kissing the side of his neck; and moments later he was sound asleep as well.

Word count: 1,139

~ 🌸 ~

A/N: Kinda boring, but meh. This is merely the calm before the storm. 😊

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and please, don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you!

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️