Twenty-six.

". . . I fell out of love with Daehyun because the one I never stopped loving came back to me."

The room was silent as everyone took a moment to process the information, and then quietly Mr. Byun asked, "Who came back Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun opened his mouth to tell them just when there was a knock at the front door. A slow smile curved Baekhyun's lips as he went to answer it, returning a moment later with a familiar boy beside him with black hair and ears that stuck cutely out of his curls. He smiled shyly as Baekhyun softly said, "Chanyeol came back."

No one spoke; the silence was deafening, and if a pin dropped it would surely be heard. Baekhyun and Chanyeol continued to stand so still, as if their immobile stance would allow them to melt into the walls behind them. The Byun's were the most animated as many different emotions flashed across their faces. The Jung's were in shock as they just sat there staring at Baekhyun and Chanyeol incredulously.

Mrs. Jung broke the silence first.

"H–how is this possible?" she whispered as she sunk further into the couch. She glanced over at the Byun's to gauge their reactions. They were both staring at Chanyeol as if —– as if he just came back from the dead.

As the silence thickened tears began to fill Mrs. Byun's eyes and she cried, "Chanyeol, is....is it really you?"

Chanyeol nodded slowly as tears filled his own eyes. "Yes," he whispered.

Mrs. Byun bursted into sobs as she ran forward to throw her arms around Chanyeol's neck. Mr. Byun was just as shocked, and he got up dazed-like and clasped Chanyeol on the shoulder, seeing for himself if he was real.

Mrs. Byun pulled away as she said, "Oh Chanyeol, this is . . . this is incredible. How are you . . ." She trailed off with a sheepish expression.

"How am I alive?" Chanyeol asked. Mrs. Byun wiped away a tear as she nodded. Chanyeol smiled shyly and softly said, "Baekhyun gave me life again. He wished me a better life and . . . I got it."

Mrs. Byun held a hand up to her mouth as tears fell down her cheeks. She hiccuped as she said, "I'm so happy for you. I never thought—–"

"Can someone please explain to us what is going on?" Mr. Jung asked loudly.

The happy trance of reunited enjoy was popped as all four of them glanced at the Jung's, who stared back at them questioningly and even . . . angrily?. The audacity of them . . .

"Is there a problem?" Mr. Byun asked.

Mr. Jung scoffed and rolled his eyes before saying, "Yes, I have a problem."

"Then out with it!" Mr. Byun cried.

Mr. Jung bristled at his tone and stood up as he said, "My problem is your son! He's a conniving bastard, who doesn't care whether or not he breaks my son's heart! He probably enjoys sleeping around and I'm sure he's done it plenty of times
be—–"

"You better stop right there!" Mr. Byun yelled. "Apologize to Baekhyun because his never been anything but honest with Daehyun and he always corrects his mistakes! And you know what! This isn't even any of your business anymore so get out of my house!" Mr. Byun roared.

The Jung's just stared at him incredulously, before pursing their lips, they stormed out of the house. Baekhyun's jaw was dropped as he glanced at his dad and opened his mouth to thank him or anything in that nature, but he could hardly get the words out and eventually settled for throwing his arms around his father.

Once their hug broke apart Baekhyun and Chanyeol settled on the couch, now finally completely at ease and ready to tell them their theory of Chanyeol's return.

After explaining the theory of Chanyeol's return, they decided to stay the night and slept in Baekhyun's old bedroom. The next day would be ever harder because they planned on visiting Mr. Park and Yoora.

Chanyeol was nervous, of course, yet excited by the thought of seeing his sister and father again. He just hoped they would accept his return with open arms as the Byun's had.

* * *

The next morning when Chanyeol woke up, Baekhyun was practically sprawled across Chanyeol's body, being that the bed was too small to hold them both now that Chanyeol's new life didn't leave him being eaten alive by cancer but strong and fit.

He yawned and tried rolling out from beneath Baekhyun, but the slightest twitch caused Baekhyun to softly moan in his sleep and snuggle closer. Chanyeol sighed, seeing no way for him to move but just to wait for Baekhyun to wake up.

Surely it wouldn't be much longer . . .

Nearly an hour later Baekhyun finally woke up, he sat up with a yawn and stretched his limbs; smiling happily when his body popped in all the right place leaving him completely relaxed. He sighed as he glanced at Chanyeol, who was awake as well.

Baekhyun smiled and leaned forward to kiss the corner of his mouth. "Did you sleep well?" Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol nodded. "For the most part . . ." Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and Chanyeol said, "I woke up with you sleeping on me for the past hour, and now my body is numb . . ."

Baekhyun cringed and muttered, "Whoops. Sorry, Chan. You should have shoved me off or something...." Baekhyun mumbled.

"Like I can do that to you," Chanyeol replied.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him again. He hummed when their kiss broke and muttered, "We have to tell your sister and dad about you today.... And then there's my brother and Luhan; Jongdae and Minseok; maybe even Jongin and Kyungsoo." Baekhyun sighed. "Today's going to be busy...."

Chanyeol nodded his agreement before asking, "You said Jongdae and Minseok own a café now, correct?" Baekhyun nodded. "Maybe you could call everyone and set up a day for us all to meet, and then we can just tell them all together instead of doing it three sperate times? What do you think?"

Baekhyun grinned. "That's a brilliant idea, and once everyone knows we won't have to worry about the burden of hiding anymore."

Chanyeol nodded and reached out to gently clasp Baekhyun's cheek, stroking the delicate skin as he softly said, "You're exactly right, and once everyone knows we can go away together and start our lives."

Baekhyun smiled and gently touched Chanyeol's hand that was over his cheek as he softly replied, "We could get married and move to an exotic island."

"We'll be happy," Chanyeol whispered.

"We'll be more than happy. We'll be in love and we'll be living our lives together forever," Baekhyun softly muttered.

Chanyeol sighed. "I'll make sure I buy you a house on the ocean . . ."

Word count: 1,126

~ 🌸 ~

A/N: Hello, lovelies! Thank you so much for the 2K reads! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and please, don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you!

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️