Moving forward

After everything that had happened, Connor and I talked. We both decided if we wanted a decent future, it was time to make some changes. This included his house.

He had told me about Clarissa and Raymond. Explained what had been going on. I felt bad for him. He had mourned for a wife that didn't truly love him and a child that wasn't biologically his. Does biology really make a parent?

Lies had almost destroyed him but the truth strength him.

We eventually found a house. One that you didn't need a map for. Thank god. I still got lost in the old one. I also let go of my apartment. It was time. I wanted to look at the future not the past.

We also got some interesting news along the way.

*********
"Well," he asked as I looked at the stick.

"Well, I guess we have time to figure out a name," I said nonchalantly.

"We're having a baby," he asked as his face lit up.

"I'm pretty sure that's what a positive means on a pregnancy test," I smiled cheekily at him.

He picked me up and spun me around as he yelled in delight. My first time cane with an unexpected surprise. A good surprise but unexpected nonetheless.

He carried me to the bedroom and laid me on the bed. He hovered over me, "marry me."

"That was so not romantic," I said rolling my eyes. He chuckled as I giggled.

"I mean it Sera. Marry me. I love you. We're having a baby. Marry me."

"This is kind of sudden, don't you think? I mean geez it's crazy how fast things are moving," I said in a joking manner as he smiled.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes, you big dope," I rolled my eyes as he crashed his lips onto mine. He released my lips as I said, "can we keep it small?"

"Define small."

"Like close friends and family small. I know you're family knows a lot of people but I really don't want something monstrous," I said simply.

"Okay. We'll keep it small," he agreed. Knowing Connor, that was a lie.

**********
The minute we told his family along with Casey and Roman, things got a bit crazy. Yeah, Ruth threw a wedding together like it was Sunday brunch.

I looked out of the curtains and saw all the people as Casey stuck her head out, "he calls this small," I asked her.

"One hundred and fifty people is small apparently," she shrugged.

I looked at her as she bobbed her head and I rolled my eyes.

We stuck our heads back inside.

"Sera, Connor is madly in love with you. You're having his baby. Give the man a break," she reasoned.

"I know, it's just that I'm not use to all this. I like to keep things simple."

"Because your a simple person. I think that's what Connor loves the most about you," she smiled genuinely.

We heard a knock at the door, "is the bride to be decent," Roman's voice spoke on the other side of the door.

Casey walked to the door and opened it, yanking him inside and closing it.

"Of course," she rolled her eyes.

He looked at me and smiled, "you look beautiful Sera."

"I feel like a blimp," I sighed as I looked at my little bump that had formed.

"So dramatic," he chuckled. "Well, I came to collect the bride before Connor thinks you ran off, because since you have a history of running off."

"Cute," I said shaking my head, making him chuckle even more.

He held out his arm and I took it as he led me through the doorway. Casey took her place as maid of honor while Joshua took his place as best man.

Roman walked me towards Connor as he stood there smiling, making me smile in return. I couldn't believe I was marrying C who turned out to be Connor Thompson, the elusive artist. All because I answered an ad looking for a job. Things work out in the most mysterious ways.

After the wedding, we made it to the reception. Connor introduced me to people who I had no clue about. Yeah, this was a whole different world for me.

After talking to many, many strangers, we sat down and ate. I was starving. Connor laughed as I devoured my food.

"Hungry?"

"Well, when you're eating for two, you tend to be a bit more hungry," I said jokingly as he laughed some more. Yeah I have no shame.

Eventually we had our first dance as husband and wife, then the cake cutting before he whisked me off to our honeymoon. He kept it simple and took me to Europe. Connor and I needed to have a serious talk about the meaning of simple.

We stayed a couple of weeks before returning home and he picked me up, carrying me over the threshold. He said it was good luck, I say it's because he wanted a reason to carry me.

Connor and I had different views on things but it was the differences that brought us together. As for getting additional help, I put my foot down. I was very capable of taking care of things on my own. We argued. I won. Case closed.

It's all about compromise.

Connor did resume his art. He wasn't thrilled I had used one of his sculptures to break a window but he understood, especially after I smacked him upside the head. Hellooooo, life in danger. I'm sure my life is way more important than a sculpture.

All in all, being married to this nut was the best decision I ever made. Well, that was after much convincing on his part.

I just wondered what the future would bring for us.